1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going under the knife

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by residualboulders, Nov 12, 2003.

1. residualboulders

residualboulders

Media:
    Albums:
    Just arrived to the office this morning:
    [​IMG]

Ol' Bessy is going under the knife for some transplants and reconstructive surgury to revitalize and give her a more youthfull, perky look. The proceedure should begin sometime within the next week. I'll post pictures upon recovery.
    This is how she looks now, you can see the signs of age on the rear that were unsuccessfully treated before. Luckily the delapidation has been somwhat localized to the rear quarter panels, so we should be able to eliminate most of the disease with one treatment.

[​IMG]

Wish us luck.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
  3. toddslater

toddslater

4 out of 5 doctors recommend keeping plenty of :beer: :beer: :beer:
    on hand ....have fun

4. residualboulders

residualboulders

Media:
    Albums:
    toddslater,
    luckily, I've traded the work with a qualified professional.

However, i may need the beverages to cope with deprivation [if I were a drinker that is]. I hear it'll be down for a couple of weeks.

5. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd definitely follow up with some Chemo, radiation is not indicated in a case like this. Normal theapy would include Chemotaxic agent POR-15. Prognosis is good, following good automotive hygiene.
    DR. ;) Degnol

6. residualboulders

residualboulders

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks Doc. I actually snagged a half used perscription of POR15 that my brother had laying around. I plan on an immediate treatment upon release from the treatment facility.

7. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I've been a fan of POR, but it is not a panacea. What it sticks to best is really...RUSTY METAL. If you've got new sheetmetal, wipe it down with an acid and let it air dry. Like take a rag soak it in Muriatic acid diluted at least 50/50 wipe it on and let it dry. You should see that nice orange patina. LIGHTLY scuff it with a ScotchBrite pad and shoot of brush it. I had my '40 sandblasted and then shot it underneath with POR-15. I'm amazed where it stuck and where it didn't. Looks cool, like powdercoat, but peeld right off in the smooth, non-rusty areas. And, yes I degreased with lacquer thinner. Wherever I patched, I used seamsealer.
    HTH :) :)
    Ed Long
    Are you listening, SoddTlater???

8. theferg

theferg

Media:
    Hey you changed your username! Good luck. I've got a half a quart of POR-15 sittin' in the garage if you need some more... When is she goin' under? You wanna go wheelin' with a couple of us on Saturday? Not sure where yet, probably be snow all over anyways... If your rig is down, your welcome to just ride in my rig--I've always got some empty seats.

Good luck dude.
    -Ferg-

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">