Going down a new path (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White Sheep

Darren
SILVER Star
Threads
So the other night I was laying in bed, overthinking things and made an on the spot decision. . .

Over a yr ago, I purchased the Wits' End Turbo. Back when it said it'll deliver last October. Well I'm still turboless. I know everything that's going on and Joey told me that I'm on the next batch for shipment. Anyway, during the wait Ive been slowly prepping the LC with heat protection, new/used engine parts, hose, etc. . but I'm leaving the country in 3-4 yrs and will have the sell the LC. So the other night (2am) I said " let me look in the classified MUD section and see if there is a Supercharger available". There was, and I bought it on the spot.

Now I have a Supercharger that should be here next week, and that's why I'm selling most of the prep turbo item.

Now I have two questions. Is anyone interested in purchasing the turbo before I make it public whenever it arrives? And, does anyone have any experience installing a Supercharger?

cool. it cant be that hard.

something like this?

Attachments

• 7015257_Supercharger_Toyota_45_Magnuson.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
@jfz80 has the supercharger on his truck. He'll be able to tell you all the idiosyncrasies of the 1FZ supercharger.

If you don't have any immediate takers for the Wits' End Turbo, you could list it for sale (with full disclosure) on the 'classified' section and let Joey know that it will be going to a different place.

cool. it cant be that hard.

something like this?
Yes I looked this up this morning, and the SC im getting has the manual (I'm sure its the exact same).

@jfz80 has the supercharger on his truck. He'll be able to tell you all the idiosyncrasies of the 1FZ supercharger.

If you don't have any immediate takers for the Wits' End Turbo, you could list it for sale (with full disclosure) on the 'classified' section and let Joey know that it will be going to a different place.
Him and I had a "classified" conversation about a month ago. I'm not in need of the money (thank God or whatever whoever is reading this). I will hold out and wait for it to deliver because I might have other things I don't need and add to the price.

Turbo only works with 95-97 right?

Turbo only works with 95-97 right?

Blower too but there are work around a for the earlier years. Mostly 7th injector and split second enricher. There may be someone Local spearheading this effort soon to follow along with.

George has a good install page as well. Let me see if I can find it. But the manual should be the ticket.

Cooling system x3 Other than that I’ve just driven it. Mine still has the ringed fan most recommend against but have never had any heat or other issues here in NC. Other opinions say v6 taco truck fan or 3fe but some say 3fe flexes too much and comes super close to rad. Replace the vacuum lines and plastic tees. GM factory SC oil is cheap and avail at the dealership. There’s a few good recommended shops for rebuild Which I’ll be facing soon.

Haha that is true! The price they sell for new compared to a motor swap has not made me consider the turbo route and just do a motor swap once my motor dies.

I'm guessing treefiddy ain't gonna cut it.

If you want to go thr 3fe fan route I may have one floating around somewhere.

There are work around for earlier 1fz like Jason said. Another is a FMU like the one ill be using on the 3fe turbo. But the best would be a stand alone.

Turboing an 80 only takes two weeks.

How much you going to ask for the turbo out of curiosity?
When it arrives, I will have other things that might be difficult to sell on their own, so Ill lump it into the price. Also, Ive been waiting over a yrs for this thing. I could of invested that money, so I also might add a little interest on top. Nothing too crazy though, or at least I don't think its that crazy.

so i picked up a TRD SuperCharger today it came attached to a 1FZFE and a transmission from a 94' the engine has about 130k on it and the trans/SC have less than 5k. it runs great i was going to just remove/install the Supercharger on mine but, thinking about swapping the whole drive train into Dipity and then selling mine engine. but, either way i want to setup for more fuel have been thinking about the 7th injector mod. need to do some research. your is a 95 just a little different on fuel management but, the same kit/install. if you need a hand or want to take a look at where everything goes your more than welcome to stop by. there are a couple projects in front of this so i have a little time to research/order what i need in prep.

Last edited:
so i picked up a TRD SuperCharger today it came attached to a 1FZFE and a transmission from a 94' the engine has about 130k on it and the trans/SC have less than 5k. it runs great i was going to just remove/install the Supercharger on mine but, thinking about swapping the whole drive train into Dipity and then selling mine engine. but, either way i want to setup for more fuel have been thinking about the 7th injector mod. need to do some research. your is a 95 just a little different on fuel management but, the same kit/install. if you need a hand or want to take a look at where everything goes your more than welcome to stop by. there are a couple projects in front of this so i have a little time to research/order what i need in prep.
Anytime. Just let me know and Ill be there. I was chatting with your son tonight. . he's an awesome dude and very busy guy.

Just got a knock on the door. . .

IMG_9148.jpg

IMG_9147.jpg

F80FA150-7B5D-483B-BB48-4E9D3D1F896A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom