Give it up PIGGY! 1FZ engine is out... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Not a bad pull at all... didn't even break anything. I'd say there are about 5 - 6 hours total time at a very easy pace.

P1010279_0.JPG

do you think pulling the trans T-case and engine as an assemby was easier than pulling the engine alone?

on many cars is is but I was thinking the size/shape of the T-case woudl prevent that, apparently not.

dod you cut the lower metal in front below the grill?

That's a lot of work to fix the PHH :flipoff2: Just kiddng. Dude, you are my hero!!! I can't wait to see this sucker back in action!

For me in the driveway, it was easier. The ceiling in my barn is low, and with no lift, it just works. I did not cut the metal valance up front, it is black in the center there, so it dosn't show well in the picture. BTW, That valance can be unbolted if needed.

does the missing inidcator lens assembly have anything to do with pulling the motor?

also lets see some shots of the engine bay!

Dang... that son of gun looks huge outside the engine bay.

Be interesting to see how many parts is left over after the reinstall :D.

I can't believe that I'm the first on this thread to ask, what's going in? Rebuilt 1FZ? 350? Cummins TD? Personally, I love the 350 in my 80. So, what'll it be?

White Shark said:
I can't believe that I'm the first on this thread to ask, what's going in? Rebuilt 1FZ? 350? Cummins TD? Personally, I love the 350 in my 80. So, what'll it be?

Bjowett is working on a modified 1FZ. it was talked about in previous threads,

What is wrong with the motor, did something brake or is this the first one to wear out?

Have you noticed an increase in your gas mileage?

The marker light was removed to unplug various items that are contained in a harness that runs through the radiator support... need to get that out of the way. I'll snap some more pics in the AM....

I don't think the engine would come out with the transmission/transfer attached by just removing the hood. :D Besides, everything is right there with the front end gone... easy access to PS lines, AC lines, harness conections, etc etc.

I'll snap a pic of the leftover parts for ya....

The truck rose up at least a couple of inches.... I measure it right now, then after the install.

Yup, a big fat 1FZ will be moving this beast. I was considering a HIno Diesel 3.9L W04C-T (big turbo 3B), but that engine is for another project.

The original engine has been producing a knocking noise for quite some time now... and it has been getting louder. I don't trust it.... anyway, the trucks needs a smidge more power.

Great gas mileage..... hell on the calorie burn, though. :D

Brian -
Kick ass! So this could end up being the ultimate 80.....

You guys need to use the search funciton. :flipoff2: This has been talked about a lot. :flipoff2: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom