Give it up PIGGY! 1FZ engine is out...

bjowett

Not a bad pull at all... didn't even break anything. I'd say there are about 5 - 6 hours total time at a very easy pace.

do you think pulling the trans T-case and engine as an assemby was easier than pulling the engine alone?

on many cars is is but I was thinking the size/shape of the T-case woudl prevent that, apparently not.

dod you cut the lower metal in front below the grill?

bjowett

For me in the driveway, it was easier. The ceiling in my barn is low, and with no lift, it just works. I did not cut the metal valance up front, it is black in the center there, so it dosn't show well in the picture. BTW, That valance can be unbolted if needed.

semlin

curmudgeon

does the missing inidcator lens assembly have anything to do with pulling the motor?

also lets see some shots of the engine bay!

Rookie2

Dang... that son of gun looks huge outside the engine bay.

Be interesting to see how many parts is left over after the reinstall :D.

I can't believe that I'm the first on this thread to ask, what's going in? Rebuilt 1FZ? 350? Cummins TD? Personally, I love the 350 in my 80. So, what'll it be?

White Shark said:
I can't believe that I'm the first on this thread to ask, what's going in? Rebuilt 1FZ? 350? Cummins TD? Personally, I love the 350 in my 80. So, what'll it be?

Bjowett is working on a modified 1FZ. it was talked about in previous threads,

bjowett

The marker light was removed to unplug various items that are contained in a harness that runs through the radiator support... need to get that out of the way. I'll snap some more pics in the AM....

I don't think the engine would come out with the transmission/transfer attached by just removing the hood. :D Besides, everything is right there with the front end gone... easy access to PS lines, AC lines, harness conections, etc etc.

I'll snap a pic of the leftover parts for ya....

The truck rose up at least a couple of inches.... I measure it right now, then after the install.

Yup, a big fat 1FZ will be moving this beast. I was considering a HIno Diesel 3.9L W04C-T (big turbo 3B), but that engine is for another project.

bjowett

The original engine has been producing a knocking noise for quite some time now... and it has been getting louder. I don't trust it.... anyway, the trucks needs a smidge more power.

Great gas mileage..... hell on the calorie burn, though. :D

MoJ

Brian -
Kick ass! So this could end up being the ultimate 80.....

Top Bottom