GETTING BLING!!! Acura Projector Retro... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.destechservices.com
I got tired of the sealed beam look... "so 80's":p. Anyways... I bit the bullet and went with the bi-xenon retro... Don't want no rice rocket bling! Want the real thing. started with a bixenon from an acura... and ordered them ebay cheapo h4 headlinghts (should have paid more for the DOT approved ones... less police ussues...LOL) grabbed the dremel got too it.
what i started with.jpg

I was even able to give it that rainbow flicker that comes from them expensive cars.... not all of them have the color... these are white and had to be modded
modified.jpg

Last edited:
These are the issues that I need help on. I'm looking for something to seal both the housing with the projector. It needs to resist heat. I can easily use epoxy or JB weld. But there are gaps over 1/4" wide on the projector housing that I need sealing. I have limited room behind the headlight housing. Need some suggestions. oh AND all the trim on both sides have been removed...
needs sealing.jpg

I can hold one with my bare hands for about 15min... as it warms up a bit. then I could only hold from the trim.... I'm guessing no more than a halogen.... Mostly all of the oem housings that hold the projectors are acrilic/pvc/plastic? and dont have any issues. I'm thinking no more than 140F? when we bake the oem housing to soften the seal, I was told to be careful not to over bake because the reflector housing in the projector will get bubbles. And the cheapo ebay h4 lights were overbaked w/out any issues... I guess I can use JB weld even for the big cracks?
0325081159.jpg
0325081200.jpg

looks like it needs about an 1/8 or a 1/4 more for a fit... with aiming though.... I will have to cut:crybaby:. looks like it will just miss the battery tray. Would it mess up the strength of the nut that holds the battery tray?
0325081803a.jpg
0325081803.jpg
0325081802.jpg

Battery tray nut should be fine, cut away!

Tapage.... YES!!! IT will be a killer improvement. I finally made it... I was able to put 3 nuts at each screw as spacers..about 1/8" I think. That was able to give me a little wiggle room. I will see how level it is tonight.:cool:
0326081822.jpg

Last edited:
TAPAGE....35 watts.... I does pull like 25 kilovolts? for like a milisec.. You want it to come from the battery because the oem wiring is not enough even for oem lights.... They are good enough for a relay'ed harness though.

Here is the kit I used.eBay Motors: HID XENON CONVERSION KIT H1/H3/H4/H7/H9/H10/9005/9007++ (item 190209286981 end time Mar-27-08 18:32:52 PDT)
I bought this cheapo kit about 1.5 years ago. Mainly for the ballast($100). It's cheaper now... Don't bother with any waranty, most if not all will close shop and return under new name within a year or two. I got some D2S adapters from Retrofitsource.com ($15?). Phillips D2S bulbs $40.... I think they cost more now, you want 2 go with original bulbs due to better rep & reliability. Originally, I used relays to pull juice directly from the battery. But I was able to score a bixenon specific harness for 35 bucks! It works great! & I'm able to keep the high/low function.

I ended up using alot of epoxy 500F resistant. I'm waiting for it 2 cure and.... OH YES! their will be light! on the driver only for now....

it will be a bit.... I will be busy for 2 days... but will do! you will not belive your eyes.... OH YEAH!!!!! I will have to finish both first. cuzz I will have to use my church's parking lot. It's large/open with brick walls where you can really see the pattern. Unfortunately, my drive ways is small and full of cars... so I don't have any room for light patterns and I don't want to bother the neighbors across the street.:D

but I will be done. I'm in a hurry 2 finish because well... I miss my 60. Got the powerstering pump installed and ready.... soooo... I cant wait to see the looks on peoples faces when they think its a honda s2000 but when I pull up, they will see my :hillbilly:60:hillbilly:

K guys... I finally finished cutting/priming the battery tray....:banana:
Now all I need is to finish up the 2nd light and wire the high beam thingy and were good to go.... I will get pics tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom