GETTING BLING!!! Acura Projector Retro... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All I need is to finish epoxy'ing the 2nd light(started but will finish later...got company). I will finish off with jb weld around the seams were the epoxy meets the light.

Here are some pics. If you got any questions on the pics, let me know... left, right, cuts @ battery tray, And ballasts.
0331081712.jpg
0331081711.jpg
0331081712a.jpg

I'm DONE!!!:D:D

First pic is showing the spacers used to pull the headlight fwd.

2nd is showing the high beam connection

3rd is the final Product!!!!! I will try to get pics tonight.. I will be @ church!:D That way I can level the beams and get an output pic.
0401081513.jpg
0401081512.jpg
0401081614.jpg

Looks like it stares into your soul! Nice job, can't wait to see the light.

Last edited:
One more thing.... Any one know how to get the high beam dash light to come on when in use?:confused:

welcome to the club .. I happens to me when did the 4 lights stup in a buddys rig .. let me remember what we did. ( means call my buddy )

Here they are..... night pics..... WARNING... these were taken with camera phones so the quality is not up to par. And the beams are aimed low for now... Trial period... I will adjust/aim as time progresses.

@ church
0401082154.jpg

Very nice!

Congrats, that is great coverage! I think you'll be getting a few PMs with more questions. Good Job.

So when are you gonna start fabbing them up like kevinmrowland and the tailgate storage?

lol

Great project and WAY awesome on the results.

very funny:lol:. I don't think the :princess: would like the idea...

thanks...

plus the cost would be on the high side... let me see.....

projectors...70-140 Lets go with 100 even (there are not too many though)
cheap bay lights... 40
wire harness if he's got any left... 35
ballast + bulbs 80
2 epoxy sticks 14
1 jb weld 7
multiple dremel bits...?????

like 276?
for parts alone...

+ the bits... time oh and assuming that I can still get the steals that I was able to get... projectors alone go for 100+ I was able 2 score for 67 plus shipping

Last edited:
So you're basically using the cheapo H2 7" lens/reflector to hold the Acura lamp assembly, so the orientation of both is critical for aiming, no?

I have a pair of ancient Marschal Ampiluxes that I wanted to convert to HIDs but Daniel Stern put me off it. Seems the HID arc is different than a tungsten or halogen & would cause a lot of scatter. You'd see a lot of light but it wouldn't be doing any good.

H4 7" light with the back part gutted to fit the projector... I mounted them up first 2 get the horizon cut off correct b-4 I started cutting. It is a little tricky. This is my second retro. My first was on my 87 runner and one did not come out leveled right:mad:. But because of my first mishap, I made sure that these were cut right.

And yes! Daniel is right! You will be blinding left and right.... not to mention here were I live that will get you some nasty road rage + flying bullets @ you. & you always see a lot of this around here. And well to make it worse... they use like 5000k bulbs that have that blueish type of tint that just kills it! Along with a higher temp color rating you loose loose light out put. So stick with your basic 3500k? to 4000k.... don't go any higher as that will strain your eyes on long drives..... You will get plenty of white light with 3500k's... All you gotta do is mod the projector to get the rainbow flicker at the cut off only thus elimination any unwanted strain, attention from police, & cheapo rice burner blingy fake plastic chrome look... AND USE PROJECTORS!!!!! FROM OEM MODELS THAT CAME WITH HID'S

Last edited:
Any recommendations on what projectors to use besides the Acuras? Are they all the same length front to back or can you avoid some of your problems by getting shorter ones?

Could you have pushed your projectors farther forward in the lens/reflector housing or are you hard up against the lens now?

35W is nothing: I ran 2 100W halogen H1s in each of my Ampiluxes & had a diode/switch setup to turn the lows on with the highs. Do your projectors have separate highs & lows so you could do the same thing, or does the lamp move to change the focus?

Look like you were near Downtown L.A.....eek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom