GETTING BLING!!! Acura Projector Retro... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Look like you were near Downtown L.A.....eek"

uh yeah... 2 miles SE from dead center of down town Los Angles. It's funny cuz you wanna live west of Figueroa and north of Adams.... I live east of Figueroa and south of Adams.... Oh well... More reason to upgrade my home security system from just a dog to a dog, video security cameras, & a Five-Seven:D:cool:. It's not too bad... D'animal was able to drop by for a bit in the evening a while back, and he's doing fine.

He's even got beagles in his chariot! Thats more protection than even, I carry (hmm... bad grammar? oh well:doh:).

Tinker.... I used the FX35 Bi-xenon projectors. They are "Bi-xenon", meaning that they are HI/LOW from a single projector. Aside from the 2 wires comming from the balast to the light bulb, there are 2 more from the shield lowering mechanism. These make the shield that gives these a sharp cut-off drop when the highs (shield down) are turned on allowing all/most of the light to pass through vs. half of the light during LOW operation (shield up).

There are other Bi-xenon projectors (BMW-M3) but these are the ones with the best output in stock form.

Then there are single xenon projectors (no high beam). Here's a quick discussion (with pictures-scroll down) among the best choices depending on preference. S2000 is the best. TSX with a lense swap gives the S2000 a run 4 the money. But the LS430 projector with a TXS lense swap will give the widest beam with killer! color to boot! What I mean by color is that rainbow effect you see from these lights coming down the HWY. But notice that they are only in the top cutoff section & not the whole light.
If you go single... take the LS430 route... The xtra wide beam comes in handy off road.

Now for the best fit....single projector use Lexus GS. & looking for those I stumbled on these. 4.5" deep bi-xenon from a Lexus IS350...imagine that. I could have used those... The light mounts on its side to eliminate length. But!!!! I don't know the output & cut-off. I might use those for my 4runner though:D.

As far as up against the glass... I think I left about 1/8" before touching the glass.

I hope this helps.... this is what I would recommend for our fellow Mudder's based on what our needs would be, but, of course using the best that is out there. You would have to choose based on your need & $$$. Anything else out there I would personally not touch. I once used a pair of E36 projectors (BMW) that I hated...

& last but not least! Here is my source for bi-xenon specific wire-ing harness. They are on special for 35$ while supplies last. Now remember... these are bi-xenon specific for 9007, 9004, & H4 (what we use). So don't go trying to reinvent the wheel with a triangle if you know what I mean....

Last edited:
I GOT PICS!!!!!!!!!:cool:

IT BLURRS OFF IN THE DISTANCE WITH STOCK LENSE. $80 WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ME A SHARP CUT OFF ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
horizonlight1.jpg

horizonlight3.jpg

horizonlight2.jpg

THIS IS AGAINST THE WALL. I should have increased the shutter speed:doh:
againstwall.jpg

This is down the road. I'm still tweaking the level of the lighting...
tunnellook.jpg

I here is the pic of what I will accomplish on my next mod for my runner or 80 hopefully
DSC02655_small.jpg

One more thing.... Any one know how to get the high beam dash light to come on when in use?:confused:

welcome to the club .. I happens to me when did the 4 lights stup in a buddys rig .. let me remember what we did. ( means call my buddy )

Nice conversion. Did you end up sorting out the high beam dash light? If so would you mind sharing your solution with the rest of us please?

Nice conversion. Did you end up sorting out the high beam dash light? If so would you mind sharing your solution with the rest of us please?

the issue was a ground that you need to sent to the dash light .. but I need to check it again to be sure how I did ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom