gas tank skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My skid is basically non existing so hopefully your plate can be mounted without the old one. And also just want to verify this will work on all models year 100s/lx470s??
You guys are the best!!!

Last edited:
☝️I have one in my cart waiting for an answer on this.

So we need the oem skid for this to mount to? Many of our oem fuel skids are rotting away.
Yes, you need the OEM skid. But anyways you need to it hold the fuel tank in place.
If there are other suggestions - we'll be happy to hear and see if there's any engineering magic we can do.

Can't believe I missed this!!

Just told friend he should be looking at ASFIR.com for skids for his truck ~ went to browse and there was the gas tank plate.

Fantastic news.

After ordering the fuel tank skid plate, arrives Monday, I came across this thread to realize that the stock skid plate must also be used. Super bummed, my stock one is just rusty junk. Wonder if there's anyway to modify the asfir to work without the stock skid. Issue being the asfir is bolted directly to the stock skid

After ordering the fuel tank skid plate, arrives Monday, I came across this thread to realize that the stock skid plate must also be used. Super bummed, my stock one is just rusty junk. Wonder if there's anyway to modify the asfir to work without the stock skid. Issue being the asfir is bolted directly to the stock skid
You could make some brackets that would go under the straps holding only the tank, for the asfir skid to bolt to.

If you were closer I'd be happy to give you my old one. No rust but you'd need to press out a big ol dent.

I'm interested in an update
I ended up buying a stock skid, seemed like the way to go considering time vs money and safety concerns . I have not installed it yet. I intend to use raptor bedliner on the stock skid before install and it’s just been too cold, also my time has been consumed by work and family stuff lately. For those curious, the stock skid needs to be in good shape for the Asfir skid to work. It bolts to the stock skid through existing holes fore and aft. If your rear edge of the stock skid was crumbly and partially missing like mine was, then there simply will not be anything to bolt it too. Also, you would want to have the Asfir skid securely attached to properly function as a skid but also for liability sake. That thing comes off at high speed, well it could certainly decapitate a motorcyclist behind you, etc. if that sheet of aluminum goes flying.

I ended up buying a stock skid, seemed like the way to go considering time vs money and safety concerns . I have not installed it yet. I intend to use raptor bedliner on the stock skid before install and it’s just been too cold, also my time has been consumed by work and family stuff lately. For those curious, the stock skid needs to be in good shape for the Asfir skid to work. It bolts to the stock skid through existing holes fore and aft. If your rear edge of the stock skid was crumbly and partially missing like mine was, then there simply will not be anything to bolt it too. Also, you would want to have the Asfir skid securely attached to properly function as a skid but also for liability sake. That thing comes off at high speed, well it could certainly decapitate a motorcyclist behind you, etc. if that sheet of aluminum goes flying.
Thanks for that awesome feedback. That makes me wonder thought that if your replacing the og skid, with an og skid. Might as well as just bulk up on it with a fabrication. I would've figured that aftermarket skid would've offered extra protection than just puncture. On my other asfr skids I can balance mu cruiser on some of the rocks I come across. Some extra cross support would've been nice.

Thanks for that awesome feedback. That makes me wonder thought that if your replacing the og skid, with an og skid. Might as well as just bulk up on it with a fabrication. I would've figured that aftermarket skid would've offered extra protection than just puncture. On my other asfr skids I can balance mu cruiser on some of the rocks I come across. Some extra cross support would've been nice.
I've yet to install mine either, but I can say it is much more stout than the factory fuel skid.

I am near pulling the trigger on one of these. My OG skid needs to come if to get some gentle coaxing back to shape first. However, I am curious to hear from anyone who has tried to do some damage to their Asfir plate.
Review anyone?
Also, was there any duty? I would think not on just $300.

Last edited:
Well, since I got no answer to my question here I pulled the trigger on an Asfir 100 series fuel tank skid plate.

The web site was easy and I paid via Paypal. I used the discount they offer to Mud. Communication was annoyingly good. I recieved emails for every step: order received, processed, shipped and then the DHL tracking was great. There was no extra duty and I had the plate in about 6 days. Very impressive all the way from Israel.

This is what it looks like:
20230924_125230.jpg

Unpacking was easy enough:
20230924_125354.jpg

This is what it comes with:
20230924_125359.jpg

20230924_125656.jpg

Not much to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom