Thief drilled a hole in my gas tank (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was parked in my apartment's parking garage but it's not secure whatsoever and located right off the street. Previously had a CAT cut halfway out before they got spotted and ran away, hopefully ya'll don't have my luck.

image0 (1).jpeg

Wow!

Any idea if your insurance will cover its replacement?

bummer, sorry to read that.

weird how fibrous that looks

bummer, sorry to read that.

weird how fibrous that looks
Yeah the picture really does make it look like that but it's solid metal, has some metal poking out from the drill bit and also I improvised with some paper towels when I got to the gas station and noticed it.

Jesus Christ bro the s*** people are doing these days. Sorry to see this.

Shoot, makes me think I aught to get cat protection and a more robust fuel tank skid plate since I have to park mine on the street too.

Dang man....What part of Dallas?
I'm actually in Austin in the 78704 but the cat attempt was in Lake Highlands Dallas around this time last year. That time was mid morning at a grocery store lol.

Shoot, makes me think I aught to get cat protection and a more robust fuel tank skid plate since I have to park mine on the street too.
I'm still not sure what all we can do about the catalytic converter but I wouldn't worry about gas that was just a one off crackhead I feel like. It's just because we have 2 cats and easy access. When I had it welded back on the muffler shop said they had seen so many Toyotas recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom