Garage Fab Front Bumper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Springdale, Arkansas and Memphis, Tennessee
To avoid the cost of buying a bumper that somebody else made, I opted to grab my welder and plasma torch and make one myself. The basis of the design is that the bumper needed to by able to bolt onto the existing bumper bolt holes, and it couldn't weigh too awful much. The frame of the bumper is some 8" hot roll steel c-channel cut into three sections. On the surface, 1/8" tread plate was welded on for looks. It's currently in its "almost finished" stage, because I still need to weld on some round tubing for a bar on top and I'm currently playing around with some designs. Any feedback is appreciated, I'll post some more photos of it.
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg

It looks pretty sturdy to me. I like the diamond plate fine, but if *I* were building the bumper; I would have left it off to be lighter, and cheaper (mostly cheaper.

I like the quote in your signature line. I've been using it for years, but I stole it from someone on SCUBAboard BBS. Do you dive? Perhaps I stole it from you.

I got all of the metal for cheap or for free because of my job. I've only got about $60 in it. And my grandpa told me that quote, that was his kind of humor.
It looks pretty sturdy to me. I like the diamond plate fine, but if *I* were building the bumper; I would have left it off to be lighter, and cheaper (mostly cheaper.

I like the quote in your signature line. I've been using it for years, but I stole it from someone on SCUBAboard BBS. Do you dive? Perhaps I stole it from you.

Well aren't grandpas wonderful? ;)

Yeah. If the diamond plate was free, I'd HAVE to use it, because the next guy would wish they could afford it ...and because I kind of like it.

Good job on the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom