Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the part that I ordered for my '16 Land cruiser. It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't confirm that it is the right thing.

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
5551060070​
$ 86.58​
Speaker Cover
My long awaited order arrived yesterday, and I can now confirm that this part number is correct for the speaker cover assembly on my '16.

4A2C31C8-8BB9-4AF2-81A2-751737B950E6.jpeg
04306170-B4A3-4EA4-B23B-C7F376B7820F.jpeg

Went to install the accessory mount for my 2021 when I noticed one corner is much higher than the other 3. Is this how everybody else’s mount look like?

07A4151D-E1B2-4ABC-96D3-3996EA6C1547.jpeg

Went to install the accessory mount for my 2021 when I noticed one corner is much higher than the other 3. Is this how everybody else’s mount look like?
I'm pretty sure mine sat close to perfectly flat before install. Are any of the tabs bent? If the whole thing is just slightly twisted (say, from shipping), which is about all it would take to sit like that, you're probably fine proceeding as it will straighten itself out while you install it.

Having installed mine without painting it, I would strongly suggest painting it a non-reflective color before installing it (other than to test fit) as it will reflect onto your windshield if you don't. I don't have time to do so right now, but I'll be doing something with mine when time allows. I may throw a thin towel or other thin covering over it for now to cut down the reflections.

Last edited:
@ADV RIG they call that "oil canning," and it's from bending all 4 sides separately on a brake (vs. stamping it all at once in a big die). Once you pull the tabs through the plastic bezel and bend it all down snug it'll get much flatter, and it will definitely snap down nice and tight on the dash. There's just a little tweak to the sheet metal before it gets installed, but it'll go away.

I'm pretty sure mine sat close to perfectly flat before install. Are any of the tabs bent? If the whole thing is just slightly twisted (say, from shipping), which is about all it would take to sit like that, you're probably fine proceeding as it will straighten itself out while you install it.

Having installed mine without painting it, I would strongly suggest painting it a non-reflective color before installing it (other than to test fit) as it will reflect onto your windshield if you don't. I don't have time to do so right now, but I'll be doing something with mine when time allows. I may throw a thin towel or other thin covering over it for now to cut down the reflections.
Thank you for the tip! I was gonna run it unpainted for LCDC next week but after your reply I think I’ll paint it before putting it on.

@ADV RIG they call that "oil canning," and it's from bending all 4 sides separately on a brake (vs. stamping it all at once in a big die). Once you pull the tabs through the plastic bezel and bend it all down snug it'll get much flatter, and it will definitely snap down nice and tight on the dash. There's just a little tweak to the sheet metal before it gets installed, but it'll go away.

Thank you for the explanation, learned something new! Ill give it a shot once I get shorter screws for the Yak attack track as they hit the speaker cover

Thank you for the tip! I was gonna run it unpainted for LCDC next week but after your reply I think I’ll paint it before putting it on.
The main reason mine didn't get painted before install was that I spent too much time debating over the options. Powder coating seems like a great option, but I'm not sure where I can get that done locally. Paint would work, but something with some texture to it would match the rest of the interior better. Perhaps a good place to use Flex Seal, but I've heard that's not intended for permanent application and it might go on too thick. And so on.... :)

Maybe just wrap it in speaker grill material?

I think the black textured Xpel material would be an excellent option. It already matches the texture of the plastics very well, it's easy to apply yourself and arguably cheaper than paying a shop to powder coat. My only concern is the added thickness of the material but not having installed one of these it's hard to say if it would be an issue.

Here it is partially installed on the factory tailgate piece before I finished the entire thing so that you can see the comparison in textures.

Ic8bFgw.jpg

I think the black textured Xpel material would be an excellent option. It already matches the texture of the plastics very well, it's easy to apply yourself and arguably cheaper than paying a shop to powder coat. My only concern is the added thickness of the material but not having installed one of these it's hard to say if it would be an issue.
That might work, if I can find a source for a small amount of it. Amazon has 9" x 30' rolls for about $140, which is a bit steep when no more than about 9" x 9" is needed :). My thought is that just the top could be covered with an adhesive film such as this and the end result would probably look just fine and thickness wouldn't be an issue. It looks like there's a dealer not too far away. When I get back from my trip (leaving tomorrow morning...), I could contact them.

For the trip, I remembered a little while ago that I have some scrap pieces of gray speaker cabinet fabric around. I cut a piece out that's big enough to cover the panel and cut a slot for the GPS and mic cables, which will also help keep it in place. It doesn't exactly look the best, but it should pretty much completely eliminate the glare.

That might work, if I can find a source for a small amount of it. Amazon has 9" x 30' rolls for about $140, which is a bit steep when no more than about 9" x 9" is needed :). My thought is that just the top could be covered with an adhesive film such as this and the end result would probably look just fine and thickness wouldn't be an issue. It looks like there's a dealer not too far away. When I get back from my trip (leaving tomorrow morning...), I could contact them.

For the trip, I remembered a little while ago that I have some scrap pieces of gray speaker cabinet fabric around. I cut a piece out that's big enough to cover the panel and cut a slot for the GPS and mic cables, which will also help keep it in place. It doesn't exactly look the best, but it should pretty much completely eliminate the glare.

I can send you a 9x9 sheet, PM your details.

I used Sem trim black and if worked well and was easy to apply.

Dang all these install photos are sweet! you guys mind if I use a few of these?

Also what about flocking- has anyone ever done that before? I have, and actually it's probably the right process for this... same fuzzy stuff that's inside coin holders, etc. I might pick up a kit and try that.

Dang all these install photos are sweet! you guys mind if I use a few of these?

Also what about flocking- has anyone ever done that before? I have, and actually it's probably the right process for this... same fuzzy stuff that's inside coin holders, etc. I might pick up a kit and try that.
The flocking process didn't cross my mind. I didn't want any fuzzy stuff up on the dash. But maybe someone does like it and would be interested. And thank you very very much for the awesome products!! The community appreciates you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom