Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CSteppe82 did you ever mount your fire extinguisher? just curious how that is working... also I sold out on my first small run of those 3rd row brackets, but have more on order- getting a few done in aluminum which I should have next week, and then more steel ones which are 3-4 weeks away. Considering switching to aluminum though on this one, am excited to see the first samples- one of the reasons being the lead time from this supplier is less than half of the steel fab guys. Last week I finally put up a web page for this product, and made a video, so will put a link here, thanks again all for the interest and support getting this one going:

As for the dashboard accessory mounts, we've got 3 out of 4 designs knocked out now. Is there still interest in the early model 2008-2015 lexus 570?
I haven’t installed yet. I went down a rabbit hole with which extinguisher to buy. I’ll post up as soon as I do.

I love the dash mount. Works great.

Here is a pic without the extinguisher mounted
68739E35-9F0F-41E2-A282-CD745F54B552.jpeg
70160E9C-EEB8-4868-B469-1E3E22EA41BD.jpeg
5EC8E8F3-11F1-4EBA-AD2B-34ED49BC059A.jpeg
97876DA2-75F9-4FBD-97B2-7BA51C7ECCD1.jpeg

@CSteppe82 did you ever mount your fire extinguisher? just curious how that is working... also I sold out on my first small run of those 3rd row brackets, but have more on order- getting a few done in aluminum which I should have next week, and then more steel ones which are 3-4 weeks away. Considering switching to aluminum though on this one, am excited to see the first samples- one of the reasons being the lead time from this supplier is less than half of the steel fab guys. Last week I finally put up a web page for this product, and made a video, so will put a link here, thanks again all for the interest and support getting this one going:

As for the dashboard accessory mounts, we've got 3 out of 4 designs knocked out now. Is there still interest in the early model 2008-2015 lexus 570?
Yep!

I think I recall that someone ordered a replacement speaker grill (the part that dashboard accessory mount attaches to) so that it would be easy to swap back to the factory setup if desired. I just spent a bit of time looking in the online parts catalogs, but am not sure if I have found the correct part. Does anyone have the part name and/or number available (my LC is a 2020 HE).
This is the part that I ordered for my '16 Land cruiser. It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't confirm that it is the right thing.

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
5551060070​
$ 86.58​
Speaker Cover

This is the part that I ordered for my '16 Land cruiser. It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't confirm that it is the right thing.

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
5551060070​
$ 86.58​
Speaker Cover
I will be interested to see if you get it. I ordered this once but after a week or so the order was canceled and refunded saying that is was no longer available. I have not gotten around to trying a second time.

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
5551060070​
$ 86.58​
Speaker Cover
Thanks - I had found that part number when I was looking, but the included "pictures" suggested it was only the metal piece rather than the entire cover assembly. Looking at a few more sites, it looks like it may be the entire cover assembly. I was shopping around the for the best price and the best price I could initially find was on ebay for $86.61 + shipping and the claim is that the seller has 8 available. When I went to page 2, partsouq came up with a price of $68.66, thought shipping is a bit on the steep side at $25. But partsouq has a really good photo that clearly shows that it's the entire assembly.

I should be able to confirm soon. My long delayed orders from Serra Toyota (purchased during that big spring sale) that included this item was supposed to arrive yesterday, but didn't show up. UPS tracking shows a delay, so hopefully I can confirm on Tuesday when they deliver it.

Sounds good. I placed an order with Partsouq, so 🤞 that they're able to ship the part. Getting parts these days is a lot like playing the lottery. Good call on ordering during that sale.

I'm probably going to proceed with installing the accessory mount this week either way. I think I want to paint it first though, so that will slow me down a bit as I need to decide which way to go. Flat black spray paint will probably win though as it's compatible with my painting skill set :).

I took this week off to knock off some of my to-do list items. The bigger one on my list of LC projects is installing the Molle panel supports for my Kaon shelf, which is more of a project on a Heritage Edition because I have to pull the rear quarter panels to swap out the third row cup holders to do that install.

One good thing is that the original grille parts (plastic frame, metal screen) are not modified, so it would be possible to put it back together and reinstall it if you hold onto the metal grille.

My painting skills suck, so I just cleaned the metal with acetone and painted it with some SEM matte black trim paint that I had handy. It turned out fine. It won't win any awards, but for my purposes it is fine.

2008 LX checking in. Take my dang money

One good thing is that the original grille parts (plastic frame, metal screen) are not modified, so it would be possible to put it back together and reinstall it if you hold onto the metal grille.
Right, I just wouldn’t want to do it more than once or twice as the tabs will eventually fatigue and break. Not that I would be planning to swap the thing back and forth all the time anyway.

I think I recall that someone ordered a replacement speaker grill (the part that dashboard accessory mount attaches to) so that it would be easy to swap back to the factory setup if desired. I just spent a bit of time looking in the online parts catalogs, but am not sure if I have found the correct part. Does anyone have the part name and/or number available (my LC is a 2020 HE).
I ordered mine from Partsouq on Ebay. Great price and super quick shipping. Kept the stock one intact and I can swap easily if ever feel the need.

I should be able to confirm soon. My long delayed orders from Serra Toyota (purchased during that big spring sale) that included this item was supposed to arrive yesterday, but didn't show up. UPS tracking shows a delay, so hopefully I can confirm on Tuesday when they deliver it.
Mine never showed up. Two of my other orders from the same dealer arrived (with one part missing). Parts ordering isn't what it used to be.

Absolutely

Mine never showed up. Two of my other orders from the same dealer arrived (with one part missing). Parts ordering isn't what it used to be.
My order from Partsouq arrived today. Sorry that your order hasn’t shown up yet.

@CharlieS did you get your stock panel? I have an extra here, you want it?

couple other updates... the 3rd row accessory bracket I'm doing in both aluminum and steel now... main reason is my vendor for the steel version is just so pathetally slow (yeah same guys) that anything I can switch to aluminum or stainless I'm considering now. I kinda dig this in aluminum anyway, it's way lighter, still strong enough for this application, and it costs less. here's a pic with a propane mount installed:
aluminum_propane.jpg

I also finally put up a page for a product someone asked me for a long time ago... simple adapter plate that mates some Gamivti accessories (rack receivers, traction ramp brackets) to aluminum extrusion racks. Adapter plates — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/adapter-plates here's a pic

adapter_plate.jpg

And the early model LX570 dashboard grill is at the top of the list this week... gonna be a little difficult making the front edge look good as this one has a huge curve to it, but I'll do my best here, my goal is to have a prototype on order by the end of the week. will keep you guys posted! :cheers:

gonna be a little difficult making the front edge look good as this one has a huge curve to it, but I'll do my best here, my goal is to have a prototype on order by the end of the week. will keep you guys posted! :cheers:
I've been thinking about this - perhaps vertical tabs (six or eight or 12 - the more the better) to define the curve, and then each user could do something (or nothing) to make the curve visually after - some thin plastic strip glued on with a black wrap over it, for example. Or perhaps recess the part the width of a common pinch weld, and fit a pinch weld to the tabs.

@nakman thanks for the generous offer, but I'm sure this one will arrive eventually. I just got it for the future - I actually like having your panel on the dash, so I can quickly throw on a ram mount on short notice.

I've been thinking about this - perhaps vertical tabs (six or eight or 12 - the more the better) to define the curve, and then each user could do something (or nothing) to make the curve visually after - some thin plastic strip glued on with a black wrap over it, for example. Or perhaps recess the part the width of a common pinch weld, and fit a pinch weld to the tabs.
that is a really good idea. Or maybe a rubber trim insert that can fill those gaps? something like this
61CxNt1CczL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B079H3F2H4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom