Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do yal have a reputable diesel mechanic you'd recommend? Got a 40 in gwinnett county that want to get checked by a diesel mechanic. Cousin just purchased it

Peter Merriam's shop is fairly close to you

Merriam Automotive
3568 Buford Highway
Suite 105
Duluth, Georgia 30096
Phone 770-814-7516
Email – peter@merriamautomotive.com

He is a very experienced and reliable Land Cruiser mechanic, including Toyota diesels.

Do yal have a reputable diesel mechanic you'd recommend? Got a 40 in gwinnett county that want to get checked by a diesel mechanic. Cousin just purchased it
Are you looking for a simple inspection or are their specific issues you want addressed?

Thanks @LDowney

@Gun Runner 5 cousin just bought it off someone in Albany and wants to have a once over by a proper mechanic to make sure

That's ridiculous amount of money!

Well it depends on how it was awarded. If the teen wouldn't settle with the insurance company, which I'm sure durantown has, then more than likely they will file bankruptcy and the teen and his family will get no where near the jury delivered settlement.

Sadly, he was likely acting irresponsibly, and the first rule is never admit guilt or they'll eat you alive, so duramtown was in a no win situation. And since it's taken 5 years, I'm saying they tried to settle but the lawyers wanted to get the big payday. But what none of those money hungry fools tell clients is that you can't get blood from a turnip. They might get limits on the policy, which after 5 years of lawyers fees are paid won't be much, probably less than a million left to split. And there's no way the park has a cool $16 mil just setting there. The only assets would be the park itself and I seriously doubt it's worth that kinda cash, and if they file bankruptcy, then even less to be had...

Bad bad deal all around. Likely (don't know that for sure) shared fault, park should have fixed culvert, kid should not have been being stupid. Duramtown will likely go away in name, someone else will buy it and it will re-open under new management with a new name.

More Interesting thing to me is that if the rider signed the waiver, how did they go after the park. Kinda makes you wonder what that piece of paper is worth...

Well it depends on how it was awarded. If the teen wouldn't settle with the insurance company, which I'm sure durantown has, then more than likely they will file bankruptcy and the teen and his family will get no where near the jury delivered settlement.

Sadly, he was likely acting irresponsibly, and the first rule is never admit guilt or they'll eat you alive, so duramtown was in a no win situation. And since it's taken 5 years, I'm saying they tried to settle but the lawyers wanted to get the big payday. But what none of those money hungry fools tell clients is that you can't get blood from a turnip. They might get limits on the policy, which after 5 years of lawyers fees are paid won't be much, probably less than a million left to split. And there's no way the park has a cool $16 mil just setting there. The only assets would be the park itself and I seriously doubt it's worth that kinda cash, and if they file bankruptcy, then even less to be had...

Bad bad deal all around. Likely (don't know that for sure) shared fault, park should have fixed culvert, kid should not have been being stupid. Duramtown will likely go away in name, someone else will buy it and it will re-open under new management with a new name.

More Interesting thing to me is that if the rider signed the waiver, how did they go after the park. Kinda makes you wonder what that piece of paper is worth...

I think I remember the property manager at AOP saying that those waivers don’t mean much, especially if they can prove negligence by the park (e.g. lack of culvert maintenance at DT). Pretty sure he also said they would file bankruptcy in a similar type of situation. s***ty situation for all but it definitely sounds like these lawyers squeezed as much as they could out of the situation.

@jynx Those written waivers are fairly worthless. In this case the argument would have been the park was at fault by not maintaining safe conditions. Those waivers are to indemnify the parks against visitors' stupidity, not failure to maintain safe conditions for the visitors.
Although, to me a metal culvert is just another obstacle.
This could have a ripple effect. Insurers of these parks could raise their rates now that a precedent is set in the region. That result could be more private parks closing.

This is why you set up an LLC to own it. The waivers are worth close to squat if someone wants to sue. I sign a lot of them at racetracks. It is a dangerous activity and bad things can happen. What you don't want to happen is the lawyer pierce the veil of the LLC and go after you individually

The "Pavement Pounder" meet up was pretty fun this weekend as a sort of impromptu addition to the Toyota scene. Is worth it to hang out and meet people. I see it as a beneficial addition to any of the regional official clubs.

Hoping for some local insight and help. Coming down weekend of the 14th to take my cousin's 40 for a shakedown run on some trails. I was looking at Forest Service site and wanted to head up to Tray mountain, but looks like all the trails are closed? Are Rocky Flats OHV Trail and Tatum Lead ORV Trail the only ones open?

Though I would drop this here for those not on FB
This just in.....Golden Mountain Motor Park is Official!
Golden Mountain Motor Park formerly known as "Golden Mountain Park" will be opening back up to the public after a large reconstruction of the park.

Last edited:
Spotted on 75 near KSU exit. Who dat?
5B2D57F9-E0A8-4C44-BF01-7D8E544198CB.jpeg

Some dumbazz tourists attempted to ford the French Broad River near Asheville- in their new Wranglers

Wow...

There’s marijuana in them there hills!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom