Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread

rjs78

SILVER Star
I haven't been to Nimblewill area in a few years, but it used to be just low-maintained FS roads - rough enough to feel like you're having fun in the wilderness but not bending anything, unless you try to. I used to be on it in a 60 with stock suspension, 29s, all open, and at least one shock with no oil left in it - no problems. Unless a monsoon comes through. Look for the marker about a plane crash in the 60's, and if the road to the old Frosty Mtn firetower is open, that WILL be even more fun, but still very doable.

I'm in a similar boat, @afgman786. I'll be in my 60-series with a buddy in a JK, both of us are open/open on 33s.

What say you, GA fellas?

rjs78

SILVER Star
I know you don't baby your stuff, not at all. I was referring to the Gladiator in general. All Jeeps are going to run (if they'll start) and hide when they see you pull in the dealer's lot - a Gladiator in your hands won't make it one week.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself

What your guys take on Durhamtown Offroad Park? Would it be worth it to go out there, or Nimblewill area and camp/hike as well?
not been in a couple years but it's ok, compared to Nimblewill (which is only FS roads) its far more challenging so you can have fun. Slippery nipple is the challenging trail and virtually everything else is muddy.

have pics from past rides here:

afgman786

SILVER Star
not been in a couple years but it's ok, compared to Nimblewill (which is only FS roads) its far more challenging so you can have fun. Slippery nipple is the challenging trail and virtually everything else is muddy.

have pics from past rides here:
Thanks for the insight!

Top Bottom