Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can anyone help me find a good exhaust shop that not going to take all my money near Lawrenceville GA.

1st shop said 250 to fix 2 seals and the resonator, thought it was kinda high.

Thanks for any suggestions

Can anyone help me find a good exhaust shop that not going to take all my money near Lawrenceville GA.

1st shop said 250 to fix 2 seals and the resonator, thought it was kinda high.

Thanks for any suggestions
What do you need done?

What do you need done?

Well, the shop I took it to said in need a resonator (full of pinholes) and a few seals that were leaking and wanted $250. After digging on the forums a bit I think I probably need a muffler too and possibly a cat. I can't tell if the exhaust is rattling because of loose hangers or my cats are shot. Either way, I just want a second opinion from a shop that others trust. I can drive it like it is for a while or until I can save up some cash to fix it but I hate sounding like a tractor. I thought about slowly buying parts and then getting a shop to do the install but there are a lot of options and opinions. I just want a quiet exhaust and a trustworthy shop that does decent work for a decent price

Well, the shop I took it to said in need a resonator (full of pinholes) and a few seals that were leaking and wanted $250. After digging on the forums a bit I think I probably need a muffler too and possibly a cat. I can't tell if the exhaust is rattling because of loose hangers or my cats are shot. Either way, I just want a second opinion from a shop that others trust. I can drive it like it is for a while or until I can save up some cash to fix it but I hate sounding like a tractor. I thought about slowly buying parts and then getting a shop to do the install but there are a lot of options and opinions. I just want a quiet exhaust and a trustworthy shop that does decent work for a decent price
probably just hangers or a heat shield,i had 2 heat shields that were driving me batty,took em off no more noise.if it passed emissions i doubt you need a catalytic convertor.

probably just hangers or a heat shield,i had 2 heat shields that were driving me batty,took em off no more noise.if it passed emissions i doubt you need a catalytic convertor.
Only had to do one emmession test and that was 3 years ago when I moved to GA.

Still looking for shop suggestion?

Try sugar hill automotive,I have used them in the past with good results.the owner is a Toyota guy,Tom Steele.
Sounds like a good option. I was wondering what you needed done to know if it was a big job that only a muffler shop could do or if a general mechanic could handle it.

Thank guys, I'll check them out. I might try and do the seals myself but the welding of a resonator and maybe exhaust pipe is out of my skillset. I'm also going to look at the heat shields this weekend and see if they need to be addressed. I'd rather not remove them and hopefully, if they are rattling I can fix it without the use of an angle grinder.

Planning to take my 3 yo on his first camping trip.

Looking for something very easy in the NW Georgia area for 1-2 nights. Preferably near some water.

Anyone got suggestions?

Looking for something very easy in the NW Georgia area for 1-2 nights. Preferably near some water.

Anyone got suggestions?
Sounds awesome. I'm not too familiar with nw georgia, but it would be cool to drive down the Bert's pumpkin patch and hillside apple orchard at some point. Your son would probably have a blast

Sounds awesome. I'm not too familiar with nw georgia, but it would be cool to drive down the Bert's pumpkin patch and hillside apple orchard at some point. Your son would probably have a blast

Will definitely check that out, thanks!

Anyone got suggestions?
Geez...where to start? Specific to northwest ga, lake consauga and fort mountain state parks are great for a low impact family outing. Hickey gap and jacks river fields campgrounds are also great little campgrounds along the western side of the ga traverse, both offering stream side camping spots. The waterfalls and pools you can explore at hickey gap are fantastic.

on lookout mountain, cloudland canyon and de Soto state park (across the state line in AL) are great for family outings too.

Well I kinda made it worse today but I guess it was only a matter of time....while attempting to isolate the rattling I may or may not have separated the exhaust pipe from the muffler..... im definitely a tractor now 👎 👎 time for a 🍺

Thank guys, I'll check them out. I might try and do the seals myself but the welding of a resonator and maybe exhaust pipe is out of my skillset. I'm also going to look at the heat shields this weekend and see if they need to be addressed. I'd rather not remove them and hopefully, if they are rattling I can fix it without the use of an angle grinder.
Most of us with aftermarket bumpers chopped our resonators off with no ill affect.

I posted this in a recent meet up thread. Thought I’d put it here as well for anyone not on that thread:

Hey guys sorry I missed this meet up. I live in Marietta and have owned my ‘82 FJ40 for 4 years. I’ve done a ton of work and upgrades and it’s time for me to sell her. Problem is there is a little flutter when I decel. I’ve searched the forum so many times my eyes hurt. I’ve tried all the things. I’m stumped. Is there anyone that would be open to driving it and helping my figure out what I’m missing? Or, is there an experienced reasonable shop someone can turn me on to? Not to publicly disparage a local business, but let’s just say I’ve used ACC and it’s not really something I want to do again. Thanks for any thoughts and help!

17D59E07-FAFB-4F98-8208-0F37FC6E4822.jpeg

B2EE2CA8-D1A2-455B-AD6B-992276727FD1.jpeg

B550120B-B5BF-4EB2-B3DB-8B22A54C3A9A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom