Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting. I read a little the other day. Does sound like the new prez has an agenda. I didn't read enough to get a handle on it, but sounds like he is leaning toward pulling away from the US more and trying to embrace China more. Just glad to hear you guys are going to be headed back this way sooner than later.

Stay safe.

So I should have posted this a week ago, but kept forgetting. Next Sunday (30th), Chris, Ian, and I are going to Beasley Knob. Weather is supposed to be good and very little during the week. Hopefully others can make it.

I'll be d@mned, that is a flippin' awesome little trick you found there sir. I look forward to your long term testing. How close are the angles, come washer vs. Lug nut? Could the arms be reemed to get a proper angle match?

@4xsteve starts next evolution in knuckle technology... :cool:
Update:
The arms are reamed to 34.7 degrees for Toyota cone washers and most conical-seat lug nuts and bolts are 60 degrees. That isn't as much difference as it sounds like though because of how the angles are measured. I'm going to mod one of my studs to see just how much needs to come off for it to seat properly. The trail repair is still a great option, but the seat angle on either the lugs or the arms will have to change to make this a reliable permanent mod. The next option is to just use the Toyota cone washers with a bolt so that there aren't any true mods necessary. The issue with that option it that 12x1.5 bolts are extremely uncommon. So uncommon that Fastenal and Grainger don't even have them. Don't worry, I still have a plan. :)

80 developed a pretty gnarly misfire last night. Started right after I filled up at a gas station down the street from my house, hoping its just bad gas.

Yep seems to work! limited sizes though. Killer deal. 35x12.50R17 ATs, 5 for $860!

Mmmmm. Almost the time of year for quick trip hot coco.

Been a crazy two weeks since the Ralph's run. There was a silver lining at least. 80 got a tune-up, went camping in TN for a night, and best of all... for those who haven't seen the Nov/Dec issue of Toyota Trails: :clap:

Bummed to miss STLCA, but I'll be at AOP. Have fun, don't break too much this weekend! Lolol

Decided to downsize my collection of yard-ornaments so I can focus on making the 80 less of a POS. It drives worse than it looks these days, and I've finally had it. Currently winning a bid on a low mileage donor/parts truck for my 80, should be flying out to MT to take possession around Christmas if I win the lot.

So my stupid Subaru is going up on the chopping block as soon as I find a reasonably priced short-block. Also tired of my motivationless, complacent friends who will never finish their "racecars", so I'll probably sell/trade my drift-car as soon as it's finished. Less clutter, less stress, more room for another dually and a trailer.

So: Diesel, trailer, fixing the 80 and possibly starting a mini-truck build are 2017's focuses. Looking forward to doing some serious wheeling next year! :smokin::smokin:

Last edited:
So: Diesel, trailer, fixing the 80 and possibly starting a mini-truck build are 2017's focuses. Looking forward to doing some serious wheeling next year! :smokin::smokin:

me likey!!

Hello guys how's it goin

I take it you mean a picture of the baby lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom