FZJ80 Airbag Light (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The battery on my '95 FZJ80 went completely flat. I have replaced it with a new battery. The airbag light won't go out now. How can I have this reset?

Airbag reset:
Go to DTC in engine bay. Small black box on pass side near firewall.
Put one wire in Tc
Put one wire in AB
Put ignition to on.
Touch
Tc to ground 1 sec
AB to ground 1 sec
Tc to ground 1 sec
AB to ground 1 sec
Tc to ground 5 sec
That should do it. Hope that's clear. You need to do them kinda fast. If it don't work keep trying. I had to try several times to get it right. But it works.

Did this work?
I have the exact same light after a battery replacement?

It should. Worked for me. Try it.

NEED HELP...
Just tried this yesterday, but it didn’t do it for me. Do they both need to be conductive? I noticed that when key is on my Tc would light up my test light, but would not light on AB. AB would only light with key off. What am I doing wrong? Here is pics.
KEY ON
1430779578890-64700716.jpg

KEY OFF
1430779738561-415656104.jpg

I'm not sure.I didn't use a test light. I just used paper clips and wires.

I've done this several times. Don't use a test light, use some wire- I used some 14ga. covered solid copper from romex wire(strip both ends a bit). You have to have the timing just right or it won't work. I usually don't get it right on the first or second try.

Maybe the test light is the thing I'm doing wrong. I'll get back to you my next try at it.
THANKS

Yep...
I was doing it wrong with the test light, I did it lIke 50 times...
Today I got it on the 2nd try.
THANKS!
20150508_170610.jpg

Nice! Good job sticking with it.

I have this problem with my airbag light and can not figure it out no matter how I try.
It would be so easy with a informative lil video wink wink

+1 on the video tutorial

I have this problem with my airbag light and can not figure it out no matter how I try.
It would be so easy with a informative lil video wink wink
+1 on the video tutorial

As much as i love a good video it really is as easy as following the instructions...
it took me 10-15 tries at least to make it work. Making some longer wires helps. I used two 3-4ft wires and a good ground bolt. You should hold them just longer than you think to get it to register.

I've tried this about once a year for the past 8 years and usually give up around six attempts.

Got to change my technique.

Passengers don't like the red airbag light....

As much as i love a good video it really is as easy as following the instructions...
it took me 10-15 tries at least to make it work. Making some longer wires helps. I used two 3-4ft wires and a good ground bolt. You should hold them just longer than you think to get it to register.

i perceive you to be mechanically inclined - unfortunately for me, my wrenches are collecting dust 'cause i'm not good with mechanics. am gonna reread your comments/instructions and give it a try because i'm stubborn and don't want to pay too much for what you have said is an easy fix. let's hope its easy enough for me.

thank you, sir

So I completed the steps to get rid of the light. If the light turns off temporarily and then comes back within seconds, what does this point to?

Airbag reset:
Go to DTC in engine bay. Small black box on pass side near firewall.
Put one wire in Tc
Put one wire in AB
Put ignition to on.
Touch
Tc to ground 1 sec
AB to ground 1 sec
Tc to ground 1 sec
AB to ground 1 sec
Tc to ground 5 sec
That should do it. Hope that's clear. You need to do them kinda fast. If it don't work keep trying. I had to try several times to get it right. But it works.

01F9DFAB-2067-49EF-B6A4-F8232C0D588B.png

I’m convinced this process doesn’t work as advertised without the tool. I’m growing old counting the seconds and traveling to and from the ignition and the engine bay!
it works. I did it on mine with two pieces of wire. Took me about an hour of doing over and over but eventually got it.
Try holding them to ground juuuust longer than you think you should. My issue was that i was actually going too fast between them/not grounding long enough.

I’m convinced this process doesn’t work as advertised without the tool. I’m growing old counting the seconds and traveling to and from the ignition and the engine bay!
It works. I reset my light numerous times successfully, but the light would come back on again and again. I bought a replacement airbag sensor assembly and the light has been off ever since. I had a code 31 airbag light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom