FZJ80 Airbag Light (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It works. I reset my light numerous times successfully, but the light would come back on again and again. I bought a replacement airbag sensor assembly and the light has been off ever since. I had a code 31 airbag light.
Was this “Code 31” a check engine line code readable via an OBDII, because I don’t have that, just a blinking airbag light hat annoys the piss out of me.

Does anyone know if this works with 1hd-ft '96? The diagnostic box is in the same place, but the light is in a different place in the dashboard. I've been trying for over an hour without any luck.

Does anyone know if this works with 1hd-ft '96? The diagnostic box is in the same place, but the light is in a different place in the dashboard. I've been trying for over an hour without any luck.
Never mind. It works. Had a bad connection on the Tc terminal.

I'm a newbie and the air bag light is on..... Just tried this on a '96 FZJ80 and it took me 20 times at least. When I finally reconnected the cable to the body ground just off the battery ....it worked....and i used jumper cables. At first i was using LV alligator test wire clamps. I think my ground was either weak or not ABSOLUTE per original directions. This definitely works! Don't give up. I would just use the battery ground wire/nut mounted on the body. Good luck and thanks this trick was originally posted like 10 years ago. Ha ha thanks Wrench!

Ok, I need help. Getting frustrated

Twist those ends up.
Try using a ground on the block or body.
Hold each wire down just a tad longer than you think you need to.

I had trouble until i actually slowed down the process and it worked.

I have tried that. About 100 times. Guess I'm making a trip to the dealership
Took me a million tries and almost giving up before it worked.

Unless you have an actual issue causing the light.
Mine was after the cruiser sat with no battery for ~1 year.

Took me a million tries and almost giving up before it worked.

Unless you have an actual issue causing the light.
Mine was after the cruiser sat with no battery for ~1 year.
Mine came on because I broke my spiral cable. I've replaced the spiral cable and hooked everything up So I think it should be good to go now. Of course, I replace it with a used unit so who knows

Try going faster. I did mine faster and it worked. No pause between taps.
Twist those ends up.
Try using a ground on the block or body.
Hold each wire down just a tad longer than you think you need to.

I had trouble until i actually slowed down the process and it worked.
You only have .2 of a second between alternating the ground contacts. I think usually people are too slow alternative the wires.

707B08D5-B5E2-48C0-81A4-F542E41B0EAC.png

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD please someone help! Ive been trying to make this work for multiple days and have had no luck. tried multiple configurations of wiring and different timing for wires. anyone care to make a video or have nay advice?? or i might just have to drive the truck off a cliff, this is excruciating, worse than any mechanical fix ive tried on my truck. Thanks in advance real men of the mid 90s suv world

I've had the airbag light on for 8+ years. Tried these techniques unsuccessfully more than a few times.

Amazing the light hasn't burned out yet. That's where I'm at....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD please someone help! Ive been trying to make this work for multiple days and have had no luck. tried multiple configurations of wiring and different timing for wires. anyone care to make a video or have nay advice?? or i might just have to drive the truck off a cliff, this is excruciating, worse than any mechanical fix ive tried on my truck. Thanks in advance real men of the mid 90s suv world

make sure that the ground is actually making contact with metal not with the bolt head.... scratch the bolt a bit to contact raw metal not the oxidation on top of the metal.... i used paperclips inside the electical connector, aligator clips on top attached to wires from an ohm meter with the pointy ends -- use the pointy ends to scratch the bolt head thats your ground... as soon as a scratched it and made contact with raw metal it worked for me... the procedures are accurate.. just make sure you're touching a real ground... good luck

I did the procedure as noted here and in the FSM and finally got the airbag light in the dash to blink rapidly (in the manual it says that signifies that it has been reset) but after that I turn the key off and when back on the airbag light remains. Suck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom