Fuel Issue - Leakdown fail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Iverano, I'll share what I found for the record. I couldn't find this info documented in one post so I'll post it here in hope it helps someone in 2023 and beyond:

The quick of it seems to be that the 3 below Denso part numbers I found are difficult to source, at least right now and even the last 2 years or so (according to other Mud posts). The reason seems to be, according to one relatively recent Mud post I found, that Denso was getting out of the business, even sold off that part of their business in pursuit of electric cars (which if true, further evidence's WEF type stuff is materializing). And/Or is being manufactured in china now (by the new owners of the product line?). Either way, mostly just not available on the websites and people even getting orders cancelled.

I'd be curious to hear what you experience.

Denso 950-0210 was ONLY? for the last 2005-2007 100 series. ~$130 (where listed) Don't know about strainer or fittings. (I have a 2004)
Denso 950-0107 Includes extra fittings AND the strainer ~$200 (where listed)
Denso 951-0003 Includes extra fittings no strainer ~$130 (where listed)

Toyota OEM 23221-66040 (an updated/new part number according to Amayama) ~$300 delivered to US and available don't know about strainer etc.

Both TYC's I ordered came in about a week for ~$40 shipped from Rock auto. I saw the Delphi for well over $150. Other lesser known likely made in china/questionable quality like the Delphi I pulled, everywhere in between but apparently available at least.

I did not come across the part number you mentioned. Please let us know what you find.
Thanks! The part number is on partsgeek.com, but of course out of stock. I may end up going to the dealer. Toyotapartsdeal.com supposedly has a Toyota brand fuel pump for around $330 but there’s something about that website I don’t trust. The website will show you pictures of the part along with other parts that they don’t include and then sometimes the part number will have a notation under it, that says, “replaced by”, and then
give you a different part number. I can see why you went with the cheaper pump. What about this?

Last edited:
I think when Aisan gets their s*** together we'll see pumps again, 98-05 & 06-07.
I would guess the recall and the sell off have major impacts on what's going on right now, and for the last two years. That's my take anyway.
There isn't a car on the planet worth a 300+ fuel pump.
Read what the tacoma people are doing, they are a much larger pool of non available pump buyers.

I know I am late to the thread here, but I wanted to add two things. With fuel injected engines, if the test fuel pressure is even just one psi below the spec, the fuel pump should be changed. The idea is that if a fuel pump at idle only is barely able to keep up with the minimal flow demand, it sure can't do it at heavy demand. Second, as for the crap getting in the fuel tank, it is a good practice to pass by any gas station that has a tanker truck off loading gas into the stations ground tanks. All that gas dropping into the underground tank stirs up all the sediment and contaminates that have accumulated over time, and they haven't had any period of time to resettle back to the bottom of the underground tank. Meaning the crap gets pumped into your gas tank. Just keep driving down the street to the next corner store to buy your Monster and fill up to avoid a possible tank of dirty gas.

I think when Aisan gets their s*** together we'll see pumps again, 98-05 & 06-07.
I would guess the recall and the sell off have major impacts on what's going on right now, and for the last two years. That's my take anyway.
There isn't a car on the planet worth a 300+ fuel pump.
Read what the tacoma people are doing, they are a much larger pool of non available pump buyers.
What pump do you suggest?

naturally aspirated there's a reason the range is 38-44psig, and the ECU correct is +/-35%. Those are huge percentages.
I agree with what you said mostly. It's just more reasonable to expect/anticipate adequate PSI with the flow rate testing. That's what toyota wants you to do.
If they wanted you to look at pressure they would have put a sender somewhere and a techstream option for it.
Don't forget, the frp regulates flow, not the pump.

I recommend, if need fuel pump this week. Buy Toyota OEM fuel pump w/sock, tank seal and filter. Best we replace the tank seal, removed while getting fuel pump out.
Toyota fuel pumps is either Denso/Toyota old stock. Or Toyota has sourced from new supplier. Toyota suppliers are held to a higher standard, to get and retain the contract. So OEM is "almost" always best!

Last edited:
I recommend, if need fuel pump this week. Buy Toyota OEM fuel pump w/sock, tank seal and filter. Best we replace the tank seal, removed while get fuel pump out.
Toyota fuel pumps is either be Denso/Toyota old stock. Or Toyota has sourced from new supplier. Toyota suppliers are held to a higher standard, to get and retain the contract.
The best dealer price i got was 474.00, just the pump. Now, there is a site called toyotapartsdeal.com that sells them, and they are like $330.00. Would you trust it? I'm not a big fan on anything less than OEM for a fuel pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom