FS: 1987 FJ60---> SOA ---> 6.0VORTEC in Houston (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am motivated to sell this Cruiser soon to clear my garage for new projects. If you are from out of town, I will also include a 1-way Southwest airlines ticket in the deal for you to fly in and drive out.
NEW PRICE----->$8,500

I built this Land Cruiser over the past 3 years in which time I have used it as my daily driver. My focus was mainly on the drive train, chassis and suspension rather than the looks as you can tell from the stats below. This land cruiser began as solid foundation for the project with no signs of rust or previous major accidents. I built this Cruiser and never really went off road with it (nothing more than a gravel road). Now with a growing family I am selling this to move to a 100 series.

Drive train
-2000 Chevy 6.0 Vortec (LQ4) with 4L80E Auto transmission – Approximately 25k miles on engine and conversion. Mobile-1 synthetics only in both
-Wiring harness and Computer from Fuel Injection Specialties
-Afco racing aluminum radiator
-Perma cool dual circuit transmission and oil cooler
-Advance Adapters transfer case adapter to LC split case
-Custom Drive shafts – Dual Cardian rear
-4.10 open differentials at both ends

Suspension/Steering/ tires
-Custom 4” lift Spring Over Axel (SOA)
-Alcan reverse eye custom springs (100 lbs over stock)
-OME shocks on custom welded mounts
-All pro high steer kit with OME steering stabilizer
-Rebuilt knuckles with all new bearings
-5 - BFG 33x 10.50 all terrain tires mounted on 2.5in offset black rock crawler wheels (40-50% tread remaining) – It will easily fit 35’s though
-All this results in a better than stock ride that will cruise comfortably at 75+mph

Brakes
-FZJ80 front calipers
-FZJ80 master cylinder
-Wilwood proportioning and residual valves
-Cadillac Eldorado rear disk brakes with parking brake
-Braided stainless lines all around

Interior
-FJ 80 cloth front seats
-Lokar transmission shifter
-Chevy / Toyota (r-134) AC blows cold
-Auto meter gauges – Oil pressure, Water temp, Transmission temp
-Pioneer CD/Mp3 player, replaced speakers all around
-New carpet in front floor boards
-Dash cover (single crack in original dash)

Misc
-FJ62 fuel tank with Walbro Toyota Supra in-tank fuel pump (keeps the pump cool and out of harms way)
-Optima Red top battery
-Recent OBD2 catalytic converter

Chassis and Body
-ARB bull bar in front
-Iron pig off-road rear bumper.
-Frame wire brushed and Por 15
-Underbody thoroughly cleaned and re-undercoated
-99% rust free – There is one spot the size of a nickel on the passenger rear quarter panel that has been treated. Other than this, there is only very minor surface rust in rock chips.
-Original paint has some fading, but still cleans up nice
-Various dings, dents, scratches, and 200k+ miles worth of rock chips.
-All these could easily be fixed with a quality paint job to make it perfect.

Known issues
-Water / Trans temp tends to get warm in prolonged bumper to bumper traffic in the heat of texas summers with the AC on. It could probably use an auxiliary fan in front. As I am rarely in traffic I never got to this.
-Passenger side door key lock has been jammed from a theft attempt sometime in its previous life.

Location - Houston, TX
IH8mud Price - $8,500 obo --->will go on ebay if there isn't interest here

For more information or pictures, contact Colin (cal1999@earthlink.com or call 832-594-1194)

Last edited:
Pics sent!
- Colin

Price lowered!!!

No issues I can think of would prevent it from making the trip. I have never taken it on a 1500 mile trip, but I have taken it on 500+mile trips (loaded with my family and gear) around texas with no problems ever. It drives great on the highway for a lifted truck. - Colin

Pics sent and PM's responded! Thanks for the interest! - Colin

TTT...Any new interest?

Im way interested, but BROKE!!!!
Damn I wish that my bike would sell!
Id love to take it off your hands!

Bump for a sweet 60.

Chicago

I forgot to mention that I will consider equal or lesser trades!

Last edited:
I am going to start actively listing the truck again. Please email if there is any interest, else it will head back to ebay in a few days.

Thanks, Colin

BTW...preferred trades include - Toyota mini truck, ATV or side by side plus cash - Colin

cstamm pics sent - Colin

Great truck... my concern is smog in Ca. Can you give me some info on what, if any, of the smog equipment was left intact on the vortec. Does it use the gm harness and ECU, stock o2 sensor, cats?

Thanks

A little work would need to be done to make it CA smog compliant. The stock harness, ECU, front 02's are intact, but it has an aftermarket Cat, no rear O2, and the EVAP system is not hooked up. It would certainly be ALOT less work than converting from scratch as the major groundwork is in place. - Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom