Front Wheel Bearings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning everyone. I am taking on the subject job and I’ve done some research here on the forums and found this thread:

Front Bearing Replacement

Good write up and guide. My only questions is done anyone have a detailed parts list of what exactly I need. I tend to order from Amazon for parts. I can find most that are listed in the thread the problem I am having is looking for the the specific flange gaskets and lock washers. Thousands of options comes up when I search and none seems to be the one I need.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't look specifically, but have you tried cruiseroutfitters or @beno ? Outfitters has a kit you can order per wheel.

If you don't need to replace the bearings and are just doing a clean/repack, this list may help you find the parts. If you do need new bearings, just order the full kit posted above.

Front hub flange gasket 43422-60070

Front hub lock washers 90215-42025

Front hub claw washers 90214-42030

Front hub flange nuts 43521-60011

Front hub grease seals 90311-70011

Axle shaft snap rings 90520-31005 +31006+31007+31008+31009+310010

Hey everyone thanks for the replies. I will take a look at the cruiser outfit kits. I can’t say enough about the good information I get on this forum!!

We would love to set you up, plenty in stock

20160516_124728.jpg

Ordered my kits, will be here next week, quick and easy. Hopefully the job is quick and easy too lol!!

So I finished the bearings. Job was relatively easy, if not for the rust!! In all honestly changing front brake pads was harder than the wheel bearings. And cruiser outfitters was great to work with, I recommend them!

The old bearings didn't look horrible and some of the grease looked new. But still changed them. There is a definite loss of vibration as I drive now. However the chirping sound I hear when I turn left is still there

Any leads on causes of the chirping? I'm in a new to me 2000 w/ 126k. Well maintained Indiana car. Usually happens when I'm turning right.

Not that I can pinpoint stealership said I need new cv boots maybe that's it?

I didn't look specifically, but have you tried cruiseroutfitters or @beno ? Outfitters has a kit you can order per wheel.
What is the cost of the kit per wheel? Any idea what a dealer charges to install?

I got a quote in 2012 with a bunch of other stuff on it and the "wheel bearing service" line item was $387. Other line items specifically stated "replacement" so I'm guessing parts would have been extra if they got in there and something needed replaced.

Thanks for the information. I will keep you posted. I assume these work for the 2000 lx?

Absolutely!

Front Wheel Bearing Kit
Each set comes complete with two wheel bearings, wheel seal, locker washer and hub gasket. One required per side, two per vehicle.

Part# FAWB9807T - $80
Timken Bearings (OEM Toyota Supplier)
(Fits 98'-07' UZJ100 & LX470, also includes thrust washer)
Cruiser Outfitters

Absolutely!

Front Wheel Bearing Kit
Each set comes complete with two wheel bearings, wheel seal, locker washer and hub gasket. One required per side, two per vehicle.

Part# FAWB9807T - $80
Timken Bearings (OEM Toyota Supplier)
(Fits 98'-07' UZJ100 & LX470, also includes thrust washer)
Cruiser Outfitters

Hi Kurt. Seems that you/CruiserOutfitters has a great reputation on this forum. I'll order 2 of these kits tomorrow. Today's price is $87.50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom