Front recovery points on GX460 (2010-2013) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been sitting on them for a year…my bad. Never did install them when I replaced my LCAs as my welder ran out of gas on a Sunday, ended up going to a guy that was gonna copy the design and reproduce them I guess.

Do I miss the GX? Nah, bought it in January 2020 and just sold it last month for $7k more than I paid for it and got into a 2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCLB…needed a truck again and while the GX was nice, I had a bit of a jaded ownership with the coolant valley leak and ~$5k of parts for other repairs. With a newborn at home, I’m happy to be in a rig with a factory warranty so I have my weekends back to be a dad and not a DIY mechanic.

The Taco is clearly not as refined, but gets 3 times the gas mileage, rides better than my lifted GX did, fits our family of 3 just the same and has the great utility of a bed.

View attachment 2968254
Time to head on over to the Taco forum!
Best wishes on your new truck!

Because they are only listed as tie down points for transport. They just don’t look beefy enough to me to pull my truck out of a really stuck spot.
I can't guarantee they are good for that, but I can tell you that they are MUCH more robust that the typical transport tie down point on cars. For example, on my old 2008 RAV4 the tie down points were an oval hole punched in a fairy thin piece of metal sticking down from the body.

Pretty sure Toyota/Lexus is not going to accept the liability of saying they are good for massive pulls, no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom