Front recovery points on GX460 (2010-2013) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my 2011 GX460, Just behind the front bumper air dams (easily removed with twist fasteners), I see what looks like factory tie down or tow points. Their location however looks like any strap or bridle attached would hit the lower bumper when pulled tight. Has anyone used these with a strap or bridle for recovery without damaging the front bumper? Anyone add recovery points onto the front of their GX460 (2010-2013)? I've seen some from Australia for the Prado 150, but I prefer to purchase them from a US retailer.

treatyoakoffroad.com is working on GX460 recovery points and should be US made. He already has GX470, but just about to release the GX460. you can check out some pictures on his facebook page

What rings do you put on these?

Was Trail Tailor able to get these at the price point he posted? I see they are closed until January, but not seeing these on the site...

Was Trail Tailor able to get these at the price point he posted? I see they are closed until January, but not seeing these on the site...

No, your best bet is Treaty Oaks or the Amazon ones linked above. The TOO points are about $125 a pair with the current promotion, but not powder coated. The Amazon ones are $125 but powder coated yellow. Kyle has been helpful to me and others on this forums so I got his.

I stumbled across this new option from Bison-Gear. Anyone tried these yet? Looks like a good deal for a set of 2.

recovery-points-lc150-gx460.jpg

I just got some MOLLE window panels and a mesh net shelf from Bison. Quality is good and way cheaper than other options, even with shipping from Poland. I was looking at those recovery points as well. They don't seem much different than Treaty Oak, or the ones on Amazon - just cut from sheet steel. Seems like the main difference between them is the finish. Not sure what hardware they include. Might want to inquire or plan to upgrade. ARB is the only company I've found that has points that can be side loaded.

ARB is the only company I've found that has points that can be side loaded.
Unfortunately I can't find them for sale anywhere........

I have a set of Treaty Oaks that I got when I bought the truck but I can't use them with the Ironman front bumper. If anyone is interested, let me know. They were painted green by the PO. :meh:

Unfortunately I can't find them for sale anywhere........

I have a set of Treaty Oaks that I got when I bought the truck but I can't use them with the Ironman front bumper. If anyone is interested, let me know. They were painted green by the PO. :meh:
No idea if they're actually available, but they are listed: ARB 2010+ Prado 150/Lexus GX460/5th Gen 4Runner/FJ Cruiser Recovery Point RHS 17,500lb Rated - https://metaltech4x4.com/arb-2010-prado-150-lexus-gx460-5th-gen-4runner-fj-cruiser-recovery-point-rhs-17-500lb-rated/. Look the same as the ones previously available from Ironman. Maybe they'd work with your bumper?

LOL. $300+ for some recovery points??? I'm good with my winch........

$300+ for ONE recovery point. They are side-specific and you have to buy them separately lol.

• Wow
Reactions: r2m
$300+ for ONE recovery point. They are side-specific and you have to buy them separately lol.

That's a stupid price. I can design my own and have them water jet cut for less! Out of Stainless steel too!!

I have these on my 470. They also work on a 460. They are super-beefy and can accommodate side loading, but are not KDSS compatible. I think they are beefier than the Bison points as they really surround the framerail on all sides and have like 6-7 bolts that hold them on (the Bison points only have 3). The steel is 1/4" thick but it's two layers in some areas so you get a 1/2" thick section. They are raw steel but I painted mine in Farmall Red. The best thing as they are only $125!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom