Builds Front Range CO Build - BerettaMato (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you pick up your Slinky / Icon kit if one may inquire?

Where did you pick up your Slinky / Icon kit if one may inquire?
Justin at Redline Land Cruisers in Colo Springs.

Last edited:
Good looking truck!

Well Man-A-fre brake line kit is worthless. The three extension lines that have the hex style nut are 11/16 not 17mm like our stock bracket. They wound not fit without making the bracket hex bigger. So pissed and wasted half a day take the old ones off to just put them back on. Will just have to wait till Slee gets them in stock.

Got the caster plates done yesterday and both drive shafts in. Drive so much better but still has vibration coming from the rear. Think it is because the ass end is still to height with out all the extra weight. Only feel it at 55mph+.

Set up an appointment with Slee to have a part time kit installed on the 22nd.

IMG_20170506_181316.jpg

Last edited:
Well got some more stuff done this week. I decided not to go with the ARB bumper and sent it back two big for my use. I also returned the Warn winch. I went to Slee and picked up a Short Bus bumper and a ComeUp Seal Gen2 9.5RS winch from Ben. Really like how it fits so much better and more lightweight. I will have to make a custom mount and cables to fit the control box under the hood. I will get this done when we install the dual battery kit when Matt at Off-grid Engineering get back from Cruiser Moab and Overland Expo.
IMG_20170506_181153.jpg

IMG_20170506_181217.jpg
IMG_20170506_181306.jpg

Last edited:
Some have asked about the switches here how it looks now. Plan is to replace the antenna with a fixed radio and use the up down for the servo HAM antenna. The two over the locker and Air compressor will be for front and rear spot/flood lights. The two next to the antenna will be for rock and camp lights. Sorry about the pollen all over the interior. The bottom two will be for USB and rear air compressor.
IMG_20170506_181412.jpg
IMG_20170506_181407.jpg

Any ides on a place to put the winch control. Hoping to get the dual batteries wired in next weekend. Also did get the ARB breather in.
IMG_20170507_092619.jpg

IMG_20170507_092636.jpg

Any ides on a place to put the winch control. Hoping to get the dual batteries wired in next weekend. Also did get the ARB breather in.

I know you're already using them, but many use the radio antenna for winch control. Just another though there.

How much is slee charging to do the part time install? It's really simple to do yourself. I did it on my LX. Again another option. Haha.

How much is slee charging to do the part time install? It's really simple to do yourself. I did it on my LX. Again another option. Haha.
The price is very fair and I want them to look at the transfer case while it is open.

I know you're already using them, but many use the radio antenna for winch control. Just another though there.
My winch is wireless but I still need to mount the box and wire it in. I thought about the antenna switch but with the wireless its not needed.

Sorry it has been so long. I will try to do a fast catch up here. Slee did the Part time kit and used AVM hubs. Found Out later that I could have used ASIN hubs and will switch them out some time soon. I must say this has been my best MOD with 20 fill ups I am AVG 14.1MPG and the ride is so smooth.
IMG_20170604_095544.jpg

Matt at Off-Grid Engineering wired up my dual battery system and it is a work of art. I had him put in two Blue-Sea fuse panels in one the front and one in the rear. Front will be used for lights and CB/Ham. Rear is for fridge and power Assc. I also had him put in a remote and I added a monitor. Thanks Matt.
IMG_20170628_080954.jpg
IMG_20170604_095454_1.jpg
IMG_20170604_095436.jpg
IMG_20170628_080947.jpg
IMG_20170628_081435.jpg
IMG_20170628_081219.jpg

Last edited:
Matt at Off-Grid Engineering wired up my dual battery system and it is a work of art. I had him put in two Blue-Sea fuse panels in in the front and in in the rear. Front will be used for lights and CB/Ham. Rear is for fridge and power Assc. I also had him put in a remote and I added a monitor. Thanks Matt.
IMG_20170628_080954.jpg

You need either the OEM/factory battery box grommets or fabricate something to protect the wires as they exit the battery box. Left as is the first thing to fail is going to be the fusible links.

You need either the OEM/factory battery box grommets or fabricate something to protect the wires as they exit the battery box. Left as is the first thing to fail is going to be the fusible links.
You are so correct sir. I did this two weeks ago sorry but I am trying to play catch up with the build. Matt also put some fuses in and I ordered a ton of part from Onur like these grommets. I also wired in the winch to match Matt's work. Ended up hiding the winch control box under the winch and can get the manual winch remote if wireless go out.
IMG_20170828_090337.jpg
IMG_20170828_090332.jpg
IMG_20170828_090328.jpg
IMG_20170828_090352.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom