Front passenger door control panel securing issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Team -

Paying the stupid tax here for having Best Buy do the install on my stereo upgrade (never do that). In retrospect I should have done it myself, was squeezed for time, and went the wrong direction in the interest of time. Anyway quite simply, they broke the front passenger door control panel. They're recommended fix for this was double sided 3M tape, which we've tried 4 times now with no success. So hoping that either:

1. somebody has a better idea on how to get the panel to sit and remain secured
2. someone can provide the part # to replace the panel altogether. I've looked for the part# with no success.

Thanks for any thoughts in advance!

What I've seen is plastic retainers of housing are busted at rear. I just replace the housing!

thanks @2001LC - that's probably true also, I looked back there and wasn't really anything there so probably snapped off. Any idea on how to track down said housing? Thanks!

Any Toyota/Lexus parts store (BM or online), or can order or buy off a parts rigs. New ~$35 IIRC.

Last edited:
Team -

Paying the stupid tax here for having Best Buy do the install on my stereo upgrade (never do that). In retrospect I should have done it myself, was squeezed for time, and went the wrong direction in the interest of time. Anyway quite simply, they broke the front passenger door control panel. They're recommended fix for this was double sided 3M tape, which we've tried 4 times now with no success. So hoping that either:

1. somebody has a better idea on how to get the panel to sit and remain secured
2. someone can provide the part # to replace the panel altogether. I've looked for the part# with no success.

Thanks for any thoughts in advance!
Unless you signed a waiver for damage, which I doubt, just have them pay for a new one from the dealer. No need to waste your time for something they did.

WOW...

I paid at local Toyota Dealership $39 74271-60061-B1 which is for 07 Rear RH post #104 Scored 2007 LC w/174K AHC

PN # you show is Rear RH which is more than fronts. But 10 X more in 2 years is nuts.

I see partsouq is out of stock for the front RH 01 LC which I assume you have for $153.

$102 here
Switch Bezel - Toyota (74201-60270-B0) | Toyota Parts

Would be better to get from parts rig. Either in mud classified or Auto Salvage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom