Door Panel Preservation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed when I had to pull the door panels to change door handles the panels are starting to show some wear and getting fragile. Has anyone successfully been able to strengthen/preserve the backside of the panels?

Not sure about the 100 series but they sell replacement (reproduction) panels for 80 series and other land cruiser series on ebay. I bought a set to have just in case because the factory material as you have seen degrades over time.

I mean, you could lay fiberglass fabric down and apply a coat of epoxy to harden the backside. One could also remove the screws and place washers to distribute pulling force on the backside.

Cheapest way would probable find a low mileage one at a junkyard. I'm not really sure, seems like some googling and visiting other forums would be the best way

I had some water damage in the rounded edge on bottom of rear doors, I just mixed up some resin and covered it. I just let it absorb into the fiber board as well as it would, but the above idea of just dropping a layer of fabric in it, would be a better idea.

If you have never worked with fiberglass, I would recommend buying from west marine… more expensive, but their sustenance all goes together, and they also sell in small quantities.

^ this is the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom