Front pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2020 Land Cruiser OEM brake pads, what's the difference between these P/N's?

Front pads
P/N: 04465-60280 vs. 04465-60281

Rear pads
P/N: 04466-60160 vs. 60161

I think the part numbers are the older 200 vs the newer 200 brakes. The first part numbers do not check out compatibility wise on Lexus parts websites with a 2021 and vice versa.

It’s not early/late brakes as the part number split happened in 2019.. the first number being good all the way from 2007. Plus I ran 2013 pads in my 2016 calipers without issue. Appears to be a compound or maybe supply chain change.

The parts system lists “mark advics pv565h” for the early vs vc084h for the latter.

Same story with the rears, but with different advics marks.

It’s not early/late brakes as the part number split happened in 2019.. the first number being good all the way from 2007. Plus I ran 2013 pads in my 2016 calipers without issue. Appears to be a compound or maybe supply chain change.

The parts system lists “mark advics pv565h” for the early vs vc084h for the latter.

That makes sense.

So the more expensive ones are for the 2019+?

So the more expensive ones are for the 2019+?
I can’t speak to cost. It’s atypical but there wasn’t even a build date split listed for 2019, just the advics mark designation.

That said the -60281 part does seem to be for late 19 and up.. though I have no idea if there is a difference worth paying extra money. I have to assume they are physically interchangeable since the rest of the brakes didn’t change in that time period.

I can’t speak to cost. It’s atypical but there wasn’t even a build date split listed for 2019, just the advics mark designation.

That said the -60281 part does seem to be for late 19 and up.. though I have no idea if there is a difference worth paying extra money. I have to assume they are physically interchangeable since the rest of the brakes didn’t change in that time period.

I'll just go with those considered appropriate for 2019+ even though Toyota Parts Deal lists both for a 2020. We aren't talking but a few dollars difference here. I plan to put new pads and rotors both front and back when we return from our trip which will put me at 70K miles on the originals and the rears are starting to get thin. Should I go ahead and change out the brake lines as well? I was looking at these: '08-21 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser SDHQ Built 6 Piece Brake Line Kit - https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-drivetrain/products/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-sdhq-built-6-piece-brake-line-kit

I'll just go with those considered appropriate for 2019+ even though Toyota Parts Deal lists both for a 2020. We aren't talking but a few dollars difference here. I plan to put new pads and rotors both front and back when we return from our trip which will put me at 70K miles on the originals and the rears are starting to get thin. Should I go ahead and change out the brake lines as well? I was looking at these: '08-21 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser SDHQ Built 6 Piece Brake Line Kit - https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-drivetrain/products/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-sdhq-built-6-piece-brake-line-kit
I feel the stock lines are fine, especially with the larger 16+ front brakes. But others expect these things to behave like sports cars and want a (more) firm pedal.

But that’s just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom