Front cat replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Malleus

Far west of Siegen
Threads
Since the Magnaflow 23120 replacement is only $400 less than the $1400 OEM pipe/cat, I thought I'd ask, has anyone used these, and what are the thoughts after installation?
1665160383271.png

...and, of course, as soon as I posted that, this pops up:
1665160685566.png

Anyone have any purchase history with these guys to share?

I payed $513 three days ago on Amazon shipped for free. Be installing this weekend. I have researched and people have complained about the flanges being to close together by 1/4” and may need some massaging. Also the gaskets are s*** and oem is the way to go. I’ll post up once installed and by my math it’s about a 7-800 dollar difference.

B5ECF080-3630-4AEC-8502-ECDEE1192FF4.png

Don't have any experience with any of the aftermarket Cats but it's been discussed before that the non-California approved Cats may not have as much of the expensive metals (Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium) in their matrix compared to California Cats or OEM.

Wonder who's had one of these aftermarket Cats on the longest (miles/years) without a Cat inefficient code?? IDK

Don't have any experience with any of the aftermarket Cats but it's been discussed before that the non-California approved Cats may not have as much of the expensive metals (Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium) in their matrix compared to California Cats or OEM.

Wonder who's had one of these aftermarket Cats on the longest (miles/years) without a Cat inefficient code?? IDK
It wouldn't be a stretch to guess that the price difference is in the metal.

Given the numerous reported fitment problems at the headers, and the fact that no one has reported actually needing to replace the y-pipes, has anyone successfully replaced only the front cat?

I bought the Davies last week. It won’t fit so I am having a local shop weld in a couple flex fittings but it was only $240

Given the numerous reported fitment problems at the headers, and the fact that no one has reported actually needing to replace the y-pipes, has anyone successfully replaced only the front cat?
I installed them on mine about three years ago. Mine are the aluminized steel version, not 409SS.

Absolutely the easiest fit and exhaust system I've ever done. I bought every bolt, gasket, and stud necessary before I started.

I broke off one manifold stud, but it came out with the right heat and application.

I bought mine when my son was working for O'Reilly's and it was half of what you listed above. So I bought two when I did it.

Make sure to clean out the O2 sensor holes, chase the studs before installing. I also sprayed 3 coats of high temp clear coat on the system before I installed it in order to make it last as long as possible. It has been great so far. Slightly louder rumble than stock but minimal. I would absolutely use them again.

OK, since I waited a week, all the prices (that I can find) are $657 for the SS Magnaflow 23120. Everywhere.

Before I give Magnaflow my money, in desperate hope they'll refund something for the innards, does anyone have a better price source?

Try hottexhaust.com. I believe it is a Magnaflow store and they have a 20% off offer.

Installed over the week and no fitment issues. Bolted right up with no tweaking necessary. The bracket that supports to the engine is a little bit of a fight but as far as exhaust mounting it went right in. Sounds just a little louder but that could be placebo. Amazon was the lowest cost I could find.

Try hottexhaust.com. I believe it is a Magnaflow store and they have a 20% off offer.
Deal!

Still the same $657, but...$131 off is way better than Magnaflow's "maybe" $75. Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom