Front Bumper Round Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I want to two some round front bumper lights installed on my ARB bumper before HIH.

What’s the best “bang for your buck” light, and what switch do you like?

I’m gonna take it someplace to get installed. Any recommendations? A car stereo place? I am in Riverside, CA, but the real Toyota shops around here have way too long of a wait list.

I like the look of the red ARB 7” lights. You guys like em?

I have the "LED" Amazon lights on my Ironman bumper. Love them. I'm sure the ARBs are "nicer". But, I used the $800+ in savings for other bits. When I "need" to use these lights, they are plenty bright and serve their purpose quite well. I put amber covers on them because the white light from LEDs is intense and makes anything reflective shine very brightly. The amber knocks down the glare while still allowing a TON of light to illuminate the area in front of me.

I run mine to a 6panel switch also bought off Amazon.

IMG_3568.JPG

Looks perfect! Any chance you can send me the links to the items you bought? No sense in getting different ones if you like these.

The ARBs are outstanding. But steep!

I went with Stedi. They compare very favorably with the ARB. But they're out of AUS, so likely outside your timeline. And they're quite a lot more than the Amazon lights, but quite a lot less than ARB. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These: Type-X™ Black 8.5 LED Driving Lights. (Convert the price shown to USD for a nice surprise)

Not sure where to put the switch either. Only available spot is the square spot and the online switches seem more rectangular. How does this work?

343D91A9-2C88-4D44-9F73-30AF3581E158.jpeg

You guys generally prefer 9" over 7"? Lights, fellas, lights.

Not sure where to put the switch either. Only available spot is the square spot and the online switches seem more rectangular. How does this work?

View attachment 2021983
Two small switches from any auto parts store will fit on the large square blank.
4C3B936C-F70A-4886-B25E-43B5A3C4309B.jpeg

I wired my amazon rounds to my fog light switch since I have the older ARB with no fogs. Only bummer is headlights have to be onnto run them. Honestly I’ve never encountered a scenario where that is a problem. but I also am setting up a 40” bar for my roof that will be on an independent switch.

7C8D95E9-C534-4689-9835-907E08BF9AE8.jpeg

I bought a set of the 384W units and was going to use the ARB awning brackets (super beefy and well made) mounted to the aluminum crash bar. I even went so far as to cut a section of the lower grill in the bumper to allow the brackets to "poke through".
From there I planned to use aluminum flat stock for a horizontal surface to mount the lights.
I changed my mind, as the lights would protrude further than the bumper skin or license plate (Texas requires a front plate).
I am going to try and mount them to the grill on the hood.
I then ordered a few pieces of angle aluminum and am going to try and make brackets using the center grill supports that attach the grill to the hood.
Hope to post some pics of finished project or report if this is a bust/bad idea.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I want to two some round front bumper lights installed on my ARB bumper before HIH.

What’s the best “bang for your buck” light, and what switch do you like?

I’m gonna take it someplace to get installed. Any recommendations? A car stereo place? I am in Riverside, CA, but the real Toyota shops around here have way too long of a wait list.

I like the look of the red ARB 7” lights. You guys like em?
Depends on what you want from the lights. If you're talking "best bang for buck" in a round driving light, it's hard to beat the track record and optics of the Hella 4000 Rallye lights, in your beam pattern of choice. They're halogen, but if you're after usable light where you need it, there are no LED or xenon lights in that price range that can touch them. Beyond that, you're getting into the $1k range, at which point a lot of sexy options open up.

I have the "LED" Amazon lights on my Ironman bumper. Love them. I'm sure the ARBs are "nicer". But, I used the $800+ in savings for other bits. When I "need" to use these lights, they are plenty bright and serve their purpose quite well. I put amber covers on them because the white light from LEDs is intense and makes anything reflective shine very brightly. The amber knocks down the glare while still allowing a TON of light to illuminate the area in front of me.

I run mine to a 6panel switch also bought off Amazon.

View attachment 2021562
I have some xprite knock offs from Amazon and wondering if your amber filters might fit. Do you have any links or info on them?

What did you do to aim your lights?

They pivot on a single bolt for side to side and have an allen bolt on both sides of the light to adjust tilt. I just found a dark country road and fiddled until I found the right light pattern. One bit of advice, replace the bolts that come with the lights with stainless from the hardware store or Home Depot/Lowes.

Yes I bought the amber covers they work great.

7C046B82-A3CC-42B5-9B3B-B11B68F921A1.jpeg

I bought these a long time ago from a mud member but he is no longer in Japan. They are the amber ones as well with the Toyota clip on cover.

LC 100 Front.jpg

I found these Auxbeam lights I got from Amazon for about $170 a pair. I’ve been really pleased with their performance and how far they have stood up over last year and a half. Sorry for the bug saturated pic.

DD4EBF5E-3CBC-45CB-8038-37DC637A70DA.jpeg

F0A377E9-73FD-4C42-AE12-D258DE1260C1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom