Frame welding, lol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Buying from an enthusiast (many on this site) is a safer bet.
I bought mine from a dealer that didn't really do classic cars, specialized in "trucks" (i.e. newer tacoma and f150s with lift kits and fancy bumpers).

And while they claimed to have paid a "mechanic" a bunch of money for "restoral" after taking it in on trade in....

The sales man was afraid of going on a test drive!!!

(Booster had a pretty serious vaccum leak, which didn't help the idle being set wrong and the timing off. So every time you hit the breaks it stalled without getting the throttle tap dance moves down...)

The "restoration" involve a quick paint of the undercarriage, no disassembly, no prep, didn't even brush the sand off the top of the frame rails... (or remove the loose washer sitting on the front cross member that's still there, glued to the frame with paint.)

For the price, compared to all the enthusiasts selling abandoned projects for similar prices, it ran and drove. I could drive it home (theoretically, if I was brave enough, I didn't, route included a long busy road with no shoulder to pull off on, and then a large suspension bridge, um, ah, maybe later... But hey, it did drive up the ramps for the trailer!!!).

But the asking price for subject of this thread is WAY out of that range...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom