Found a metal shaving when change rear diff oil, what should I do next? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I just have my T-case and rear diff oil change yesterday. And I found a piece of paper-thin metal shaving on the rear diff drain plug, the picture below. What should I do next? immediately send the car to a shop ? or keep watching it to see if still metal shaving at the next rear diff change (I could do another change next 3000 mils)?
I bought my 2004 lc100 about 5 months ago, this the first time diff oil change and the old oil looks fine. The only abnormal thing during this change is the T-case old oil seems dirty and less than what it should be. I can feel a significant improvement when driving after T-case and rear diff oil change and it also improved the shaking trans shift and 4wd shift.
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 2.53.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 2.54.09 PM.png

Within acceptable tolerance.

Just to add one more I've seen shavings near that size in mine as well, and I've put about 10k miles on since then

Agree with the others, completely normal, wipe it off, don't give it another thought. Drive it.

For anyone who searches and find this, Just had an almost identical shaving at my last diff fluid change. 350k miles, with a locker installed about 50k ago. Changed fluid and about to leave on a 2500 mile road trip, rock and roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom