Forum name

Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
805
Location
Calgary
 
 
 
It's always bothered me that just because the americans never got diesels, 70, 90's, etc., why is our forum not called the 7X/9X forum, or the Diesel forum? Why must this forum be singled out as being distinclty not american, while every other forum is specific to a particular model which was sold in the great and mighty USA?

I call upon the moderators to change this forum name. I do not want it changed to the 7/9/12/B/H forum. That's just Silly pandering. I say we embrace the silliness, and I demand that we call it the "Forum on Unamerican acTECHvities".

Who's with me. Rise up people, rise up and be heard! We don't' want to be International anymore. Nay! We want to be be Unamerican!

The Unamerican Peter Straub
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
1,358
Location
Cranbrook BC
International does not mean unamerican.
International means "involving two or more nations"
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=international

I think the idea of the International forum is a forum for ALL landcruisers, specifically the ones that where not imported into the US or Canada. Kinda a free-for-all instead of having 15 other forums for every variation of the Land Cruiser.

I think we should just leave the name alone.
Just my $.02

Cheers,
Nick :)
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
6,159
Location
buggerville nj
 
 
 
 
Behemoth60 said:
It's always bothered me that just because the americans never got diesels, 70, 90's, etc., why is our forum not called the 7X/9X forum, or the Diesel forum? Why must this forum be singled out as being distinclty not american, while every other forum is specific to a particular model which was sold in the great and mighty USA?

I call upon the moderators to change this forum name. I do not want it changed to the 7/9/12/B/H forum. That's just Silly pandering. I say we embrace the silliness, and I demand that we call it the "Forum on Unamerican acTECHvities".

Who's with me. Rise up people, rise up and be heard! We don't' want to be International anymore. Nay! We want to be be Unamerican!

The Unamerican Peter Straub
Now who is being full of himself? :)

The intl section includes more than just 7x/9x - do you have something against HZJ80s or HDJ80s or non-USA spec FJ45s for example? :flipoff2:
 
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
805
Location
Calgary
 
 
 
Junk said:
The intl section includes more than just 7x/9x - do you have something against HZJ80s or HDJ80s or non-USA spec FJ45s for example? :flipoff2:
Exactly my point. This forum is "...for the 7x Series, 9x Series, and 120 Series Cruisers, including the BJ/HJ diesels." You don't belong here, and are certainly not welcome with your 80's, LJs, or delapidated old unamerican FJ45's. I am seeking a safe refuge for all your crappy junk cruisers, even 80's, LJ's, and those disgusting FJ45's. Unamerican Crusier's UNITE!

Peter Straub
 

crushers

post ho
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
22,180
Location
Tara Ontario
 
 
 
Peter, my friend,
allow me to speak my mind...

bugger off.

cordially yours
Wayne

<you know you are just bored and trying to get us all going...>
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
112
Location
Germany
 
 
 
Behemoth60 said:
Exactly my point. This forum is "...for the 7x Series, 9x Series, and 120 Series Cruisers, including the BJ/HJ diesels." You don't belong here, and are certainly not welcome with your 80's, LJs, or delapidated old unamerican FJ45's. I am seeking a safe refuge for all your crappy junk cruisers, even 80's, LJ's, and those disgusting FJ45's. Unamerican Crusier's UNITE!

Peter Straub
So the LJ's does not belong to the 7x-Series??? :flipoff2: :cheers:



Back 2 topic:
I like the name of the borad ... maybe its bacause I felt not excluded as a german.
So here are enough people from different countries all over the world ... the name just fits.


happy cruisin
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
420
Location
in the stacks
Maybe we could just have a special forum for Mog-axled cruisers?



(This post is but a wee joke, just as I presume the original post was):cool:

Robin with International LJ
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
4,506
Location
Between Here and There
 
 
 
Boy, the intl section used to be the best and most cordial on mud. Catering to all types of cruisers, even ones found in other forums. I always looked at it like nickw.. The acrimony here is probably the worst on mud lately.

It's now degraded to just above chat.

Speaking of which :flipoff2:CHAT:flipoff2: ;)
 
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
1,115
Location
El Dorado Hills, CA
 
 
 
Peter....speaking as a Canadian American who drives a 6x, 7x, 100 & mini, diesel & gas, 5sp & auto...I say leave the friggin name alone. It must be cold back home...so cold you aren't in the shop trying to graft a JD 4400 tractor to a Geo metro:flipoff2:

BTW..."International Forum" sounds so much more high-brow than all the others...and way cooler than the "Unamerican Forum":)
 

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation
Moderator
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
7,135
Location
North West Ontario
 
 
 
chat agreed!

I kinda see your point Peter, Things get tiring being refered to as "not from here" when the product is considered From here.

Although I like to believe the world does not revolve around the southern half of
NA, respectively this site is based in the US.

There are Canadian 4x4 sites........... For me I like this one.

just so OZ, Europeans and south americans understand this thread is kinda of a Mercan/canuckian pissing match................It has nothing to do with the rest of the world as I see it.
And yes everyone does belong here, not just 70 series and odd model owners, so do diesel 80 series or gas 80's if from another area with different options...
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
740
Location
Vic city
 
 
 
bwaaaaahaaaahaaa!

this is exactly why the "unamerican" section is the best on 'mud!

rotflmao

thanks peter, just when i think i can't take all the "holier than thou" on this board...

i find this thread:D

crusty
 

denis

(O) toyota nut (O)
Joined
Nov 11, 2002
Messages
1,154
Location
buried in a pile of yota projects
 
 
 
 
wesintl said:
It's now degraded to just above chat.
That's because a few months ago, chit chat and crap were settled as being OK in this forum. IMO it either has to be tech, chit chat, vendor, or anything, but not all at once in the same place. :doh:

what we need is a general tech section back, and a couple specific tech sections kind of like "hardcore projects", "diesel", and then a couple registries like the newer 25 45 & 55 registries for the most specific things. The way it is now, there are too many sections the good stuff is diluted into.

flame me :flipoff2:
 
Last edited:
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
3,588
 
 
 
I don't care what it's called, as long as I can get advice and learn from all of you, including Peter. and I am not an american either.
Jan
 
Joined
Apr 20, 2002
Messages
1,369
 
 
 
 
Dear Woody

we need more forum branches.
we need a 70 forum, Q&A
Diesel forum
tranny t-case forum (because I find split case questions on all and are rarely crossposted)

for example todays postings....
spring over costs should be in hardcore corner
v8 conversions same as above
fuel tank removal should be 40 series
anti theft is chat
epc is chat
big tire size is chat, or 70 series only if existed
bj40 steering is 40 series
diesel conversion should be diesel forum

personally, I never want to come across another so costs thread in my life nor really best tire etc. tire size should be a quick answer not photos of this or that.

this is tech, not buyer's guide
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
4,506
Location
Between Here and There
 
 
 
rick_d said:
Dear Woody

we need more forum branches.
we need a 70 forum, Q&A
Diesel forum
tranny t-case forum (because I find split case questions on all and are rarely crossposted)
From the title it is the Diesel and 7x forum.. I can't remember a post about 90 or 120 tech but it's possible I don't read those posts ;)

Internat'l Cruiser Tech
...for the 7x Series, 9x Series, and 120 Series Cruisers, including the BJ/HJ diesels.

I can see reason to have a 7x only forum like the rest and a diesel to cover everthing from 3b to a hdt to a 4bt or 6bt cummins.

Tranny and xfer might be nice since it covers so many different models but for that fact so does a knuckle rebuild, carbs, brakes, etc that I don't know if people would use it correctly. They certainly don't now. It'll be impossible to seperate everthing since so many of the same parts crossover to diffent models.

rick_d said:
for example todays postings....
spring over costs should be in hardcore corner
v8 conversions same as above
fuel tank removal should be 40 series
anti theft is chat
epc is chat
big tire size is chat, or 70 series only if existed
bj40 steering is 40 series
diesel conversion should be diesel forum

Nothing against stone but a moderator could move all the out of wack post to their proper form.

my .02
 
Last edited:

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation
Moderator
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
7,135
Location
North West Ontario
 
 
 
I agree that the tech content on here needs to be watched. Our big bone tho, is that the chit chat is just too all emcompassing, and we are trying to show our finds or info to a select group, so we get lost in the political discussions on chat. Or whatever other crap is going on in the moment.

what we need is a international chat, or something along that line.

We need to keep tech..........tech.

Even a small portion of tech makes it worthy, not spotting someone on the road near Maple ridge,

For example the auto thief one, this is not chat, as we are discussing ways to protect ourselves. EI cutting power to the edic, could the 60 series forum help here, NO. So that is important. If it went to chat the results would be useless.

But the ignore list thread, come on! how is that tech let alone be a sticky, I vote to delete that thread. Or now maybe I am on a ignore list myself.........LOL!

Stones doing a good job, but there is a large number of posts on here, how could he possibly keep up. Maybe there is room for a second MOD. Not to step on Stones toes.. I do think he has moved a lot of threads. Its also up to us not to post crap. To try and keep us tech and more to our roots of either odd product or diesel. If we see a question for a BJ60 that would be better answered by the 60's crowd we could suggest it to the thread starter.

For some things more general in nature like how to remove seats, or wear do I buy carpet, that might be better answered in more tailored forum, for either 80's 40's 60's.........The 70x guys need this forum for those questions. I do not with my 60's...

my 2 cents aw well. Look at what Peter started.....
 
Joined
Sep 12, 2003
Messages
3,476
Location
Tacoma, WA
 
 
 
I think the boards should be broken down by body style, then engine, then tansmission type, then axle type, then tire size and then finally by color...

Better yet, when anyone registers, they get they're OWN board! That way we can post in the only place truely relevant to our own vehicles and relish in our own self-righteous opinions which are ultimately the only things we want to hear in the first place.

Brilliant! Why didn't woody think of this before!
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom