Forge Specialties, An FJ62 gets a 5.3 LS V8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Isn't this where you post a short video of the V8 rumble of this newly-repowered ride?

And it has been racking them up well. Let me say that the build quality has been fantastic.

I expected there to be a fairly large check list of kinks that would have to be worked out. After all, there was a tremendous amount of customization and fabrication involved in this engine swap, and I certainly expected some hiccups to arise from the transformation.

However, I have not had to take this truck back once. There has not been a single issue that needs to be fixed and it drives so smoothly, it is like it came from the factory bearing this engine.

Forge Specialties is highly recommended.

Isn't this where you post a short video of the V8 rumble of this newly-repowered ride?

There is a brief Youtube video of the tailpipe note from our other swap, the 6.0 in the 80 series. We don't have any videos of the 62 though.

I recently got a question about separating the 3FE air cleaner lid, in order to fabricate the LS-friendly intake. All we did was grind down this lip on the inside of the air cleaner lid, to separate the seam:

upload_2017-3-1_10-12-0.jpeg

The end result:

upload_2017-3-1_10-12-30.jpeg

Awesome job, awesome thread. What is ballpark cost for a job like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom