for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I talked to Thomas about his FJ and i have pics and his email if anyone wants it
Number1son723226@aol.com
pic1.jpg
%31_multipart%3F1_multipart%3F3_image.jpg

well my comp is a peice so i guess just email Thomas for the rest but hopefully these pics will give you and idea

Sorry Louis my computer dropped on me, I'll call you tonight, monday night around 6 or 7.
Thanx again for the help ^_^

Matt

There will be one for sale in Tacoma very soon, MINT MINT 85 with 130k on it, blue and bone stock, no rust, $9K-ish. OWner even replaced the worn stock seat covers with NEW OEM from the dealer.....its a real sweet heart, as nice as they come.

Not mine. but I know the seller.

PM if you want

John

Landpimp said:
There will be one for sale in Tacoma very soon, MINT MINT 85 with 130k on it, blue and bone stock, no rust, $9K-ish. OWner even replaced the worn stock seat covers with NEW OEM from the dealer.....its a real sweet heart, as nice as they come.

Not mine. but I know the seller.

PM if you want

John
Thanks, but it's out of my price range. pete

I've got an 85 I would be willing to part with. Zero rust. Located on the US side of the CAN border off of I-5. Thinning the herd to get a 100 series.

I have pics if you like. Shoot me an e-mail.

Fj40crusher@cs.com

Oh yeah, grey interior original blue paint. It's in great shape. Would be a great start for a diesel conversion or drive as it is. I would jump in it tonight and drive it across the country as it sits. Very reliable rig.

Oceanic procurements wants my 40

Anyone heard of these guys before?
Oceanic procurements
services,Plot
209/210 Sussex London

I've got my FJ40 listed on Spector's website, so they must have seen it there. I don't know, but it seems like the shipping from Alaska to Europe would be quite spendy. Anyone know if they're legit? Thanks, Bret

I'm betting it's a scam, you'll know when they say they will have a business associate send a cashiers check for more than the asking amount, they will pay you a little more than you are asking, and then ask you to wire the remaining funds back to them and they will send a shipper to pick it up. They will never have someone pick it up, and the bank will put a lien on your account 'cuz they will find out 2 weeks after clearing the check that it was a forgery and you are on the hook for the entire amount. This is a very common scam, I have seen them harvest potential victims from classifieds in newspapers, forums, online classifieds, etc.

When I had my 40 for sale, I had 2 or 3 offers a week like that. if they want to send you more than the asking price, IT'S A SCAM PURE AND SIMPLE. Earl

sooooooo

why not just cash the check.
if its a cashiers check, have a bank verify it.
scam them back and send no $$$$$

2badfjs said:
why not just cash the check.
if its a cashiers check, have a bank verify it.
scam them back and send no $$$$$
That's been the problem, the bank "clears" the check, puts the money in your account, then about two weeks later it is found to be fraudulent, then the bank takes back the money and you owe the balance.

The company could also, then, have you prosecuted for felony fraud, for big bucks when it involves a certified check and a vehicle sale. If you cash the check, you basically agree to give them the vehicle.

not unless

you hold the vehicle till the check clears
cant you cash a cashiers check anywhere?

Yep - it's a scam. I've got a 'cashier's check' for $19,200 just to my left, fake.

Beware email addresses from free sources (yahoo.co.uk seems pretty popular with these guys lately), beware odd arrangements ("Western Union shipping costs to my agent" or shipping to Mars), and scrutinize the check you get in the end. Lastly, if you have any remaining doubts, speak to a manager at the bank about the situation.

The check I received is a pretty poor fake, but I've known people to get better forgeries.

LOL

The same guys kept e-mailing me about my 60 for sale, I drug it out for weeks knowing it was a scam. I sent interior pictures of a different color and model truck and they never even asked about the difference.

After I got bored typing crazy messages and sending them the wrong pics I went ahead and contacted the FBI and a few other agency's and turned in the e-maill addresses they were using.

2badfjs said:
Not unless you hold the vehicle till the check clears
cant you cash a cashiers check anywhere?
They don't want the vehicle, they don't care about the vehicle!!!!! They want you to send the "excess" money back via wire, after it "clears" your bank and the bank puts the money in your account, and you think everything is OK. You send the money, a couple WEEKS later the bank finds out it is actually a forgery and you are liable for the entire amount, no matter where you cashed the check, you are liable.
But at least you get to keep the vehicle, you are just out thousands of dollars in cash.

Last edited:
Locked 97 40th 4-Sale

In West Chester PA... has 70K... clean... talked to the dealer (used car guy)... he is cool, but maybe asking a bit much...(not him, the owner's make him do this...) they are playing the supply/demand game... so if ya waan make a deal or feel ya can sway the head-guys..., call him... he's cool... but not the owner of the dealership... oh yeah, it;s that sage/sandstone color... $22K.. is what he told me... his name is Rick...
Coast to Coast Auto 610-738-4500
they have a web site & the truck should be on there...
I can do pics if needed... I work close to it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom