for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

couple of small parts...

How much for the washer-fluid reservoir cap (driver side) if it's still got the rubber gasket in it? I also need the window felt stuff for along the top edge of the driver door.

I know that Coyote on this board is looking for some body parts, too. Unless he's found them already, he's looking for driver side fender, hood, and front valance, if any of yours are still decent...

Alex

come on guys, some one has to want this, how about $2,800?

im in vancouver , british colombia...............far south west coast of canada for those who dont know

Landpimp said:
would consider a frame up resto. Would you consider a Vette with a pinto motor stock? prolly not ;)

lol........probably not

do you have any pics? How well does it run/ I'd have to fly up and drive it home to southern california, plus get it smog'd here so it would have to run pretty ok.

let me know.

I'm not seeing it from here - in Japan right now - but will check when I get home in a couple weeks.

Your arb...

Any interest in selling the bumper?

You might try sending them an e-mail. I don't understand why this awesome looking FJ hasn't been snatched up yet. Maybe it has. The 2f is not the original engine on a 71 as they had the smaller F engine. Nor did the 71's come with a 4spd, disc brakes or power steering.

It has a new owner!

Thanks for the recent responses. I accepted an offer a couple of weeks ago and it went to its new home last night. It will be finally be appreciated for what it was built for.

FYI - to answer the above questions about the engine..
It has a rebuilt 1976 2F engine.

Last edited:
1988 Fj62- Heavily Modified- Near Salt Lake

Hi everybody,
I've got a 1988 Toyota Landcruiser FJ62 for sale. I bought this truck several years ago, and since then, I've thrown huge piles of $$$ at it. Now, a career change and huge reduction in income is forcing me to sell it. I figured I'd post it here first, and if I don't have any luck selling it, then it's off to Ebay.
Here's the list of goods it's got:

- Dynatrac Pro Rock Dana 60's front and rear with the following:
-4.56 gears, ARB's front and rear, 4-wheel disc brakes, high pinion with
the dual sump oiling system, 1350 u-bolt flanges. High steer arms.
-Front axle is 63" wide with 1 1/2 inch spacers on each side.
-Rear axle is 66" wide (WMS to WMS)
-Front has 35 spline outers, 1480 axle u-joints, 35 spline 1.5" dia.
induction hardened alloy steel shafts.
-Rear axle has the 35 spline 1.5" alloy shafts as well- semi float.
-Both axles are set up with the 6 on 5.5" lug pattern.
- Atlas II t-case with the 4.3:1 ratio, 32 spline front output, 1310 cv front, 1350 u-joint rear.
- 2001 Dodge HD NV4500 transmission with Advance Adapters bellhousing conversion.
- Centerforce dual friction clutch disc and pressure plate
- Flywheel freshly turned
- 1997 GM Vortec 350: completely rebuilt 53,000 miles ago- bored 30 over.
- Howell wiring harness
- Hypertech Programmer installed in ECM
- K and N air filter
- Safari Snorkel- not hooked up (of course!)
- Rockstomper Yota to GM mastercylinder adapter with new M/C.
- Line lock on rear brakes
- Sprung-over on stock springs.
- Goodyear MTR's- 315/75/R16 on aluminum rims- About 50% tread left, plus one new spare.
- New driveshafts front and rear (Driveline Service) 1310 cv/ 1350 u-joint Front, 1350 u-joint on both ends on rear
- Freshly boiled radiator- stays cool with no problems.
- Exide Orbital battery
- Custom front tube bumper and nerf bars.
- Off Road Engineering electronic hand throttle
- Custom built fully aluminized exhaust- Ram's horn manifolds running into 2 1/2 inch tubing, both sides run into Catco hi-flow cats, and then merge into a Magnaflow dual 2.5" in/ single 3" out muffler.

The axles, transmission, and t-case all have less than three thousand miles on them. The motor as I mentioned has about 53,000 miles on a total rebuild. It has great oil pressure and SICK power.
The truck itself is in overall good shape with NO rust. It does have the misc. assorted dents, scrapes, and desert pinstriping that come with trucks intended for this use! IT's champange in color, with a brown interior. Being an FJ62, it has the updated dash layout and power windows. The interior is a bit dirty, but when I get a chance, I'm going to have it cleaned and detailed. It has the non-USA rear sliding windows, and a rubber mat in the rear. It's got a Kenwood Excelon cd player, and 4 Kenwood Excelon speakers.

This truck is SICK!! IT's got everything that I ever wanted in an offroad vehicle, but building it broke the bank. I've got right around $27,000 in reciepts for JUST THE PARTS. This doesn't include the original cost of the truck, or the cost of labor to assemble this thing!

I can take and email pics to you if you're interested. PLEASE contact me by email if you have questions or comments at utahcruiser@aol.com

I have no idea what to ask for this thing, but I'm figuring that I'll start at around $23,000 and see where that gets me. I am open to the possibility of doing a partial trade for a 1995 or newer Toyota Tacoma (prefer TRD).

Thanks,
Chad

Built '96 for sale...PRICE REDUCED

Please see my post in the OTHER "for Sale" section...meant to post it here, now can't figure how to transfer over.
Thanks,
John

New price $19,500. You can buy cheaper, but not better. This is a great deal IF you want a pre-built rig, done right, that's plenty capable.
Thx for looking,
John

Last edited:
Thanks, Romer. Computers and I don't get along too well.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom