Fj80 rocker chop body mounted sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey what did you do to bolt your front fender back in on the bottom after you put that square tube in
Post 27 second and third picture show a little tab sticking up to bolt the fender to it has a nut welded to the back.

I have Beat the crap out of mine the Rubicon,Johnson Valley,Brown’s camp, Moab, Swamp lake, coyote lake, heading to Sand Hollow in two weeks. They Have held up really well I have Slammed down on them with the full weight of the vehicle more times than I can count. Before my last trip to the Con I did add some Braces to the front Below door hinges

A398A1ED-AAEC-475F-BE24-A4143F0A1790.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great! I did something similar, still have yet to do the passenger side because of the cats, not sure what I'm doing with that yet. I cut the rocker, capped with plate and attached a 2x6 to the frame. A lot of work but the result is well worth it IMO.

19839622422_ce18f537ae_h.jpg

19226096363_1b56a0c1e4_h.jpg

22542534941_9d968cb08d_h.jpg

22505414176_5368c14a22_h.jpg

22344555229_4055f0227f_h.jpg

Figure I should update this with the passenger side 2yrs later. As mentioned in my last post, I did the rocker chop but still opted for a traditional frame-mounted slider. Passenger side was a littler trickier because of the cats so I outsourced the work to a local shop (StellarBuilt).

7gnm3RTh.jpg

Nbxe6O6h.jpg

3zuSDt4h.jpg

cjmx8u9h.jpg

F59ut5vh.jpg

EnIDpbEh.jpg

Jcardona1 your rig is insane....when I grow up I want one like that! I actually have copy of your rig on my desktop.....the photo is simply title.....Awesome! Actually in the process of cutting rockers out and have a couple questions. I installed a 105 series y pipe so no longer have the cats in the way. My plan is to cut all the rockers out accept for ~ 2 inches on back of rocker. My idea is to keep the factory "bend" on the back and weld a angled 2"x3" 16 gauge to cap off rocker. 1) do you think this would be overkill? It might be simpler to proceed the way you did. 2) Would you have done anything different. 3) Any issues with welding directly to the frame? 4) did you drive it after you cut rockers out and before you welded cap piece? Yes I plan to take B pillar out, just ran out of time last night.
Thanks in advance.

20200610_073513.jpg

The PO did the rocker chop and slider in its place also, i love it. i just added a bit of a step on the side.
hh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom