FJ62 to 100 Series - Land Cruiser Journey Continues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of updates coming as we prepare final set up for our end of March trek to central/southern Utah.

Last night, I finally got around to starting my auxilary panel in between the middle seats and the drawer system. My measurements worked out nicely, I'll probably order a custom cut HDPE panel that looks a lot prettier than my cut one. Overall I am thrilled, love finding unused space in the truck.

IMG_0510.jpeg

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0512.jpeg

Ordered a blue sea relay/fuse box .. need to understand what cutoff/safety devices to grab to run in parallel to it.

Picking up two batteries from Juniper Overland today: slimline 200ah DCS battery today and a DEKA Main/Starter. Ditching the second AGM (move that into my FJ62 until it dies), at somepoint I'll grab a DC-DC REDARC for that truck again .. in fact my set-up in the 100 series came from the FJ62.

New addition as of this evening: Huracan Tailgate storage.

Most likely tools, air down/up stuff will go in the left and chef’s knives/plates/flatware on the right. Clears out some space in the drawers. Honestly, a pain in the ass mod - we’ll see if I find value in it in a few weeks.

This is coming along nicely! I wasn't a fan of the tailgate storage even though it added a ton of space. It just made the tailgate too heavy to safely operate for my wife and kids.

This is coming along nicely! I wasn't a fan of the tailgate storage even though it added a ton of space. It just made the tailgate too heavy to safely operate for my wife and kids.

I can already see that. My wife won’t like it .. my kids are too young still.

Roof top tent back on. Messed up the sequence of getting it back on from my lift in the garage .. and I paid dearly for the amount of re-work it ended up being.

IMG_0537.jpeg

Did some rear camera work last night. Drilled a hole, applied sika silicone and a plug around it. Should keep moisture out and the metal dry.

Ultimately hooked up the rear view camera. I left this camera inside to start as it’s meant to serve as a rear view camera while driving and the luggage compartment is full.

I didn’t get around to hooking up the license plate camera in full yet, but the majority of the wiring work has been completed.

Pics:

IMG_0610.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

Last edited:
MOAR!

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

And aftermarket HU wire, that’s now (not pictured) zip tied up under the steering column, waiting to receive the connection piece and plug into the head unit while splicing into reverse.

IMG_0619.jpeg

Photo from this morning as I pulled out of the garage. The diamond floor reflection was pretty bad when taking the photo, but didn’t really seem pronounced/noticeable at all as I was driving. All in all I’ll leave it inside!

IMG_0624.jpeg

Last edited:
Weekend report:

Put the Joolca Shower Cube on:
IMG_0576.jpeg

Put the 270 Awning back on:
IMG_0575.jpeg

tested the whole setup:
IMG_0582.jpeg

Final step is working with Juniper Overland to dial in new main battery and new house battery setup.

nice rig!

Replaced the lower and upper radiator hoses today (thanks Urban Autocare Arvada). New coolant, new oil, and new transfer case fluids.

Hopefully good to go for the trek to southern Utah in 10 days. Have a few more things to wrap up before we leave, but overall truck is mostly ready. Just need weather to cooperate!

1710543750898.png

Grabbed two roam 95L’s to throw on the roof of the Alu-Cab … as anyone with three kids under 4 knows, there’s a lot of stuff you gotta carry with you.

Part of the reason I went with two 95L’s though, was by measuring a few times and making sure I could fit two of these suckers on top of my ADGU drawers as well. They also fit in the back of my FJ62 .. which hopefully I’ll do ADGU drawers in as well.

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0653.jpeg

Good info on the Roams and the trip looks like fun!

Good info on the Roams and the trip looks like fun!
It’s a tight fit, requires some effort on the upper hatch closure, but it shuts/latches!

Something is happening …..!

RKzGjVrgM9CVSWp-0s25o9-dWXzU0fSpar7EfS0iO0xM3FZAqeO3JVV2Fkev_41XMyD-cmq1_ZJtnk410tQKmtza2X1Kb...jpeg

Thats a lot of battery! Are you planning to run a microwave?

Keep the wife and kids warm .. and the big surge is a coffee grinder :rofl:

Really trying to future proof the set up .. I don't want to go back under the knife here on this truck besides maintenance.

I have a much humbler setup with 2 Lead Acid betteries under the hood. I ran a 650 watt microwave on Renogy 2000W converter but had to keep the truck running to save the battery from being drained. You should have no issue running a microwave on this setup .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom