FJ62 seats - Restoration or Original? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, first post here. English is my 2nd language so, sorry for grammar.
So I have a FJ62 currently working on it and unfortunately is for re-sale (hopefully the next one will be mine too keep) my idea was to keep it but I need some money now.
The FJ it's an 88 and the interior it's original leather from factory, personally I love it and I think it gives the truck personality. If it was for me I won't it touch the seat but since it's for re sale my question is: should it be better to restore with new leather or cloth? Or just leave the original leather seats.
Attached are some pictures and hopefully you guys can help me decided.
Thank you guys, God bless you all.

Screenshot_20210305-203415_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-205311_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-204957_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-204831_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-203543_Video Player.jpg

Hey guys, first post here. English is my 2nd language so, sorry for grammar.
So I have a FJ62 currently working on it and unfortunately is for re-sale (hopefully the next one will be mine too keep) my idea was to keep it but I need some money now.
The FJ it's an 88 and the interior it's original leather from factory, personally I love it and I think it gives the truck personality. If it was for me I won't it touch the seat but since it's for re sale my question is: should it be better to restore with new leather or cloth? Or just leave the original leather seats.
Attached are some pictures and hopefully you guys can help me decided.
Thank you guys, God bless you all.

View attachment 2604569

View attachment 2604571

View attachment 2604572

View attachment 2604573

View attachment 2604574

Screenshot_20210305-203531_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-204314_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-204112_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-204054_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-204432_Video Player.jpg

If you redo the seat covers with new material and increase the selling price to pay for it, it will be easier to sell the cruiser but you probably won't make any more money off the sale.
Worn out old leather upholstery is a turn off for used car buyers

If you redo the seat covers with new material and increase the selling price to pay for it, it will be easier to sell the cruiser but you probably won't make any more money off the sale.
Worn out old leather upholstery is a turn off for used car buyers
That's what I thought. I was contemplating on leaving it like that because of the original leather from factory, but most likely will redo with new leather. Thanks for your input

US spec rig? leather was not an option, I'm seeing a rear 3 point seatbelt in 1 pic also. and a manual trans
also, the door card fabric isn't US spec
gas or diesel?
might be easier/cheaper to get the carhart? seat covers and just cover the them up but as stated above the cost versus resale isn't there.

US spec rig? leather was not an option, I'm seeing a rear 3 point seatbelt in 1 pic also. and a manual trans
also, the door card fabric isn't US spec
gas or diesel?
might be easier/cheaper to get the carhart? seat covers and just cover the them up but as stated above the cost versus resale isn't there.
No, it's not US spec. It is gas with 5 speed trans. I was just going to leave it like that for me but since it's for re sale I will take you guys advice and go the cheaper route. Thanks. God bless you

Mink oil is a water proofing substance for leather. It will soften and darken the leather. Old dry leather really comes back to life. You could patch the rips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom