FJ62 Restoration questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am 16 and had just purchased an ‘88 FJ62 as my first car. I am currently restoring it, so naturally I have a few questions. There are some small part replacements that need to be made regarding everything to check engine light covers on the dash to my automatic transmission gear shift knob. I was wondering if anyone knows a website I can find these small particular items because I have looked, and I have been just plain out of luck. I was also wondering someone’s opinion about dark tobacco brown leather seats inside an FJ62 with a grey interior. Thanks!

www.sor.com is also another place and there are many many vendors that participate on this forum too and they are all good folks.
You are one cool kid to be driving a big bad FJ62. (no offense by the kid part either.

Great to see. My boys are cruiserheads as well. @SipLife is 16. @Cowboy45 is 15. Both working on builds. Perhaps you all need to connect. Always glad to see the next generation getting to keep these awesome rigs alive. Any pics?

www.sor.com is also another place and there are many many vendors that participate on this forum too and they are all good folks.
You are one cool kid to be driving a big bad FJ62. (no offense by the kid part either.
Thank you so much! No offense taken, I wanna be a kid for as long as I can! lol

Great to see. My boys are cruiserheads as well. @SipLife is 16. @Cowboy45 is 15. Both working on builds. Perhaps you all need to connect. Always glad to see the next generation getting to keep these awesome rigs alive. Any pics?
Yessir!

C4DBF9F5-AF5A-4DF7-8368-F8B0867105AA.png

That is clean. Where did you find it?

Take care of it and it will appreciate.
Yessir! I spent my life savings on it in November. I found it in Charleston, and had been looking for an FJ62 for quite sometime. It had been my dream car since I was 10. I am thrilled I was able to get it at this young of an age, and plan to keep it until the day I die!

Sharp truck!

I was also wondering someone’s opinion about dark tobacco brown leather seats inside an FJ62 with a grey interior

I have the brown interior. I put gray Isuzu Rodeo seats temporarily in mine, then put in a black BMW driver's seat, and finally found a tan BMW seat for the driver's spot. The hot style ticket is the cinnamon-colored BMW seats, but I don't care enough to spend real money on them.

Where are you sourcing these dark brown seats - what are they from? Some domestic seats look sorta goofy in a Land Cruiser, as they are rather overstuffed looking and look like Jeep seats.

partsouq.com then enter your VIN. You can buy a lot of parts from them at cheap prices.

Show us a picture of your engine and undercarriage. It's fun picking out things that may need work.

Congrats on your new truck.

Awesome looking 62, I can barely remember when my charcoal gray looked like that.

Since you asked the opinion, the brown seats in the gray interior will not look good. With a rig that clean, my vote is to keep it as clean n original and OEM as possible, with any mods being reversible to original.

Awesome looking 62, I can barely remember when my charcoal gray looked like that.

Since you asked the opinion, the brown seats in the gray interior will not look good. With a rig that clean, my vote is to keep it as clean n original and OEM as possible, with any mods being reversible to original.
I agree brown wont look good save up some money and get new seat foams and use the factory seats. Very nice looking rig man congrats!!

Sharp truck!

I was also wondering someone’s opinion about dark tobacco brown leather seats inside an FJ62 with a grey interior

I have the brown interior. I put gray Isuzu Rodeo seats temporarily in mine, then put in a black BMW driver's seat, and finally found a tan BMW seat for the driver's spot. The hot style ticket is the cinnamon-colored BMW seats, but I don't care enough to spend real money on them.

Where are you sourcing these dark brown seats - what are they from? Some domestic seats look sorta goofy in a Land Cruiser, as they are rather overstuffed looking and look like Jeep seats.
Mosley Motors has some really good looking tobacco leather seats for the 60 series cruisers.

What part do you need for the "check engine light cover" on the dash? The actual lens is gone or broken?

partsouq.com then enter your VIN. You can buy a lot of parts from them at cheap prices.

Show us a picture of your engine and undercarriage. It's fun picking out things that may need work.

Congrats on your new truck.
I will for sure! It is at my buddies shop right now. He is saving me a lot of money because he is working on the FJ62 for free as long as I am there to assist him! He is not very familiar with FJ62’s but he specializes in Jaguar E Type’s so he was able to figure it out lol! Ya I have the lens on one of my dash lights missing. I believe it’s the four wheel drive lens, but I am not 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom