FJ60 LED Light Bulb List (Interior and Exterior) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Spook50 I installed exterior (turn signal/flasher, running , brake and backup lights), interior (dome and rear) and all the dash lights from Odd Iron Offroad. Easy install and WOW made a huge difference. All I have left is the headlights.
Thanks for the kind words. 😊
Odd Iron can help with all of your interior / exterior LED upgrades.

Last edited:
anybody knows the bulb number for the outside side markers? red at the rear and orange at the side of the front fenders ?

@jjones this is awesome. Thanks for getting the list together. One question about the exterior bulb list. I see you have a qty of 2 individual 67-CW12-G and then also a 2 pack of the same bulb. Just making sure we need 4 of that bulb in total. Thanks!
I believe the same bulbs are used for the license plate lights. That's why they are on there twice. 1 set for reverse, the other set for the license plate

I followed suit base on this helpful post, replacing the exterior bulbs but have the hyperflashing from blinkers needing less power. I have the relay adapter from SuperbrightLEDs but have not idea where the original replay is located. I have looked in my Chilton's manual which isn't helping. If the braintrust in this thread can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

i did the upgrade to my fj62 and agree that the high beam is too intense and i ended up keeping the incandescent. also the 4wd light was too bright at night. kept the incandescent there too. just a heads up to those swapping them. i had to open my dash twice because of this.
+1 on this. Exactly the same for me. Went back to high beam and 4wd incandescent right after my first night drive. Skip them.

I think you might have to modify the relay from superbrightLEDs to fit but maybe someone can chime in to confirm. Below is a relay that should fit direct.

I think you might have to modify the relay from superbrightLEDs to fit but maybe someone can chime in to confirm. Below is a relay that should fit direct.

Where's the relay go? Im not sure where the original is in my FJ60. I have the SuperbrightLED replacement but not sure where it goes. Hoping if I find that, the hyperblinking I have wiht LED replacement will go away. Cheers. Carl

Where's the relay go? Im not sure where the original is in my FJ60. I have the SuperbrightLED replacement but not sure where it goes. Hoping if I find that, the hyperblinking I have wiht LED replacement will go away. Cheers. Carl
There's a modification you can do to a 60 series flasher (that I believe will also work in the FJ62 as well) that will retain the original function and timing. Here's the thread for it:

Last edited:
Dome and rear cargo lights installed from Odd Iron Offroad. Yes they are this bright, easy to install, and worth the money.

IMG_0009.JPG

the relay is easily accessable drivers kick panel area. grey but the superbright LED recommend replacement does not fit it to so I'm still hyperblinking and openning hte relay seems like i'll bust it. Still waiting on SuperbrightLED to respond to my inquiry.
Carl

Just did the dash of my 60 and used 4 194-RHP5 in red for the gauges, 2 194-g-120 for the turn signals, 3 194-r-90 for brake and seatbelt and charge, 1 194-b-90 for the high beam, 1 194-g-90 for the 4 wheel drive, and 1 194-a-90 for the choke. The turn signals and high beam are not too bright. Hope this helps.

Mark

I got a relay converter thing I have yet to look at installing to make the replay from SuperbrightLEDs work...that's what they told me...we'll see but new issue. Brights stopped working. the pull back to flash brights works but the push forward to have them ON no joy. normal lights work fine. Ideas on issue welcome.

Carl

I got a relay converter thing I have yet to look at installing to make the replay from SuperbrightLEDs work...that's what they told me...we'll see but new issue. Brights stopped working. the pull back to flash brights works but the push forward to have them ON no joy. normal lights work fine. Ideas on issue welcome.

Carl
I guess dirty contacts in the switch. A good cleaning and lube couldn't hurt.

I just swapped out all of my old light bulbs in my 1986 FJ60 Landcruiser for some LEDs from Superbrightleds.com. Instead of writing up an excel sheet list here's a shared cart with everything I got that you'll need:

Just add everything to your cart and check out (let me know if this link breaks and I'll update). You'll be left with a few extra bulbs for the dash. This should have all the light bulbs that will keep the stock light colors (speedo, choke, climate control, ect.) plus reverse lights, taillights, turn signals (you'll need to add a light resistor to combat hyper-flashing). Just don't have the driving light bulbs/high beams as I will be going with the cityracer led headlight assembly.

Also, for the dome lights I decided to go with a conversion kit from oddironoffroad, but the dome bulbs should be in the list above I just don't plan on using them:

Dome light conversion kit:

I haven't installed these just yet put I'll post some updates (hopefully this weekend).

Some photos installed:

View attachment 2304884

View attachment 2304885

View attachment 2304886
For the you're Cluster it looks like you have a Dash pad cover? is that easy to get the Cluster out with the dash pad over it?

For the you're Cluster it looks like you have a Dash pad cover? is that easy to get the Cluster out with the dash pad over it?
For the dash pad I have it wasn't too difficult. Might be a different story depending on what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom