FJ60 Heater / AC control cable question... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I'm hopefully in the last phases of replacing all the dash components after replacing a leaky heater core on my 83 FJ60. I'm stuck on a stupid thing. There is a control cable that runs from underneath the heater core housing. Can anyone tell me exactly where on the heater / AC dash control unit this cable connects? Hindsight being 20/20, I should have taken more pictures during the disassembly. I just cannot tell from the FSM diagrams. Does it connect to the "Warm/Cool" control arm or to the "DEF/ HEAT / VENT" control arm? They each seem to have dual connections. I'm having issues with both.

Thanks, and I hope everyone is enjoying a blessed Independence Day long weekend.

IMG_4510.jpg

Last edited:
It would help if you tell us where that cable connects to on the other end. Either the fresh air vent, heater valve (fire wall) or connects to the different flappers. Thanks. Jimmy

Huge thanks for the responses and pictures, and I apologize for delayed follow-up here. It definitely looks like the "warm/cool" control arm is the proper connection for the cable running from underneath the heather core housing. I finally have a chance to get back to work on this project today. Thank you for your help!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if these clips are available anywhere?

In the process of lubing all my cables, all of the clips snapped like they were made of corn chips.

40 years an a little bit of rust destroyed the clips.

Right not my only option is zip ties, but i would like to have some thing less janky.

Inked20190711_210946_LI.jpg

Good question. I've been lucky enough to salvage off junk when I broke mine.
Places to look:
Spectre off road
megazip.net or amayama for availability in Japan
dealer with VIN # in hand

I doubt those are available separately from the bracket itself.
Yup , I even found some that looked like the same thing on a 1st gen pickup . Ordered the clips and they were too small to work . I ended up finding while assy in a salvage yard.

**** Note to anyone trying to remove the controls , remove all cables from the door , valve or vent they connected first . Gonna have to remove ducting and dash cap etc .. easier than trying to repair or buy another control assy .

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if these clips are available anywhere?

In the process of lubing all my cables, all of the clips snapped like they were made of corn chips.

40 years an a little bit of rust destroyed the clips.

Right not my only option is zip ties, but i would like to have some thing less janky.

View attachment 2950239
I found them available online. # 55933-14010. Toyotapartsdeal did not have them, found them here

Partsouq or amayama may have them as well.

Would echo what another poster said, best to unhook the further part of the cable and just remove the control with all 4 cables attached. The new clips are very difficult to get on, very tight. I attempted to install the clips with the far end hooked up and it was impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom