FJ60/62 Tailgate and Quarter panel storage lids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries dude.. !!!
Glad to be of any help....

Let me know if you need me drop by any other time....

Ok so I finally was able to install this thing.

I swap the provided stainless nuts for nylock ones.

I left about ½" for the lid to have more support.
Does it need it?
Probably not..., but it could not hurt...
I did cut a lil tab that helps support the latch mechanism, so I'll need to address that..
Couldn't be happier with this lid..
Once all the bolts clamp down the whole gate felt a lot more solid.

Still gotta paint the edges were things were cut..and adjust the latches...

Here are some pics..
20160529_195223~2.jpg
20160529_195218~2.jpg
20160529_195211~2.jpg
20160529_195202~2.jpg

I have two guys committed to the side panels and one other strong interest, I need one more to make the run. Anyone else on the fence?

Just want to give a shout out to @dsmud4u for loaning his truck so I can make the side panels happen for everyone and @MANUCHAO for swinging to let me mess around with some measurements.
I currently have 3 side panel orders pending, anyone else want to jump on board for the fourth set?

What locking fastener are you using on the countersunk hex screws that fastens the lid to the tailgate? The Gen1 WagonGear tailgates used stainless fasteners just like that with lock washers and nuts but the nuts would always vibrate loose. Ended up having to move to larger diameter fasteners with either star lock washers or nylocks, I can't remember.

Either way, love the finished product!

What locking fastener are you using on the countersunk hex screws that fastens the lid to the tailgate? The Gen1 WagonGear tailgates used stainless fasteners just like that with lock washers and nuts but the nuts would always vibrate loose. Ended up having to move to larger diameter fasteners with either star lock washers or nylocks, I can't remember.

Either way, love the finished product!

@GLTHFJ60 I did what Frank did on my old WagonGear panel and swapped the std nuts with nylocks.

@MANUCHAO looks like a cut hand waiting to happen. If you are keeping it that way look at some pinch weld trim. Similar to what goes around the door openings without a bulb on it. I may have enough left on a roll if you need some.

Jason

I won't say no to that J.
If you got some please send it..
I still need to paint those sharp edges.

Much appreciated....

Yes, I swapped to nylocks...

I currently have two tailgates and one set of quarter panels ready to ship.

I haven't installed it yet but it's coated. I was able to get it powder coated very close to the trucks colour. I also had some sand mixed in for grip so I don't wipe out if I'm standing on it to load the roof rack. I think it looks great. matching side pannels too!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Do you know what powder coat color code that was?

That's a nice color match...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom