FJ45LV for sale Nicest on Planet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IPOR

You need to call Lance Williams owner of IRONPIG OFFROAD, he can finish all the tech stuff. He is almost finished with my 55, New crate Ram Jet and Ryan Scotts 55 with Tundra V8 Supercharged, LX470 Trans.
You need to finish this 45.
Regards

Lou

check local custom car shops and hot rod shops too. Ironpig or the likes would be ideal but local is still an easy option

harness

Just so we are clear I'm only talking about the harness for the engine management system,not the one for the chassis.That being said ,Do you have the ecm? If you do just box up the ecm with the harness you have and send it to one of the guys I mentioned or maybe someone else you can find who does vortec wiring harnesses.If you give them the engine code they should be able to determine the year and build you an appropriate harness regardless of what year the one you have came from. You should be able to find a number at the back of the block above the bell housing or if it is that new there should be a barcode sticker with a number on it somewhere maybe on the heads or intake .When you find a number call them and tell them what it is .They'll tell you what year and model your engine is and what ecm and harness should go with it . If you don't have the correct ones go to a salvage yard and get one or post up and maybe we can help you find them . Sorry this post is so long . I have done three vortec conversions and learned quite a bit while doing it so if you would like some more help feel free to pm me . Abel
Somebody told me that I need an original Chev harness for that engine (which is new) to get all the plugs(ends) for the new harness. I have an old harness from the previous cowboy who claimed to be able to do it. He gave up. Then the Atlanta Hillbillies gave up.
So how would. I know if this harness matches the engine. How would one find out what year this engine is? Purchased by cowboy number one in my behalf 4.5 years ago.

TooTall. Thanks that is really helpful. Gives me something to do tomorrow.
There are no custom shops around this area. Only place is in Savannah and has a 18 month wait list for them to "look" at your car. They don't know Toyota, only Ford and Chev hotrods. Don't think that would work out.

i saw the cruiser on ebay. one work?! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

if i were you, i would try to find a semi-local cruiser specific shop to finish the work. i have met david from urban land cruisers and would definetly recommend him or lance from iron pig offroad. i had the pleasure to meet him and spend a few hours at his shop a couple of years ago. great guy, really nice work.
as to the harness, i always use howell engineering and have had nothing but great service and parts from them. absolutely top nothc. they can also supply you with the fuel pump, filter, O2 sensors, technical info and so on. i'm doing an 02 vortec swap in a 40 right now and got all the applicable parts from them. imho, they're the only way to go. forget painless (painfull) wiring.........

i would strongly urge you to keep the rig and complete it so you can at least drive it. then if you still wanna sell it, do so. at least you won't kicj yourself in the ass later for not being able to drive it. too much time, effort, money and love invested at this point to just walk away.

hope that helps, just my $.02's worth.:cool:

Question of the day.....

What would you actually sell the truck for? Just curious. If not a fair question, I undeerstand.

By the way, it sure does look great thus far.

Goebs

Its a fair question. Having spent $85K so far, obviously my time as well, I do want a good buck. $70K is the reserve on Ebay. Its alot for most people, but I don't think there is a truck of this calibre out there. If someone reaches that fine. If not I gotta suck it up and spend the rest to have Jonathan finish it. I think he is probably the best suited for the job.
I would love to drive it. Just all the fun has been sucked out of it.
I appreciate the referrals and advise received from everyone, but I can't afford the time to keep researching, shipping it to and fro. I did that route with the hillbillies and it cost me nearly 3 years having sit in their filthy shop, getting nothing done other than being a tourist attraction for the rednecks to dribble over. (can you tell I am bitter) There will be more coming on this at a later date.

I make no claim at being a mechanic and doing the work myself is unrealistic. I have to leave it to the professionals. I am a photographer who appreciates great vehicles.
Anyone heading to Ca.?

Last edited:
lance and david ar far from being hillbillies. very far.

Thanks for the answer on the sale value. I have to say I am not suprised! Well done project thus far. I understand what you are feeling. Been there a few times. I, like you, am not a mechanic but love these vehicles and have paid far too much to have things done over the years.
I have been half tempted to sell my collection of junk and get one nice resto. I have too many projects and too little time.
I hope you finish the truck with Johnathan. He may be expensive but will complete the project. At this point, he is your best option in my opinion. He produces cruisers of this quality all the time.
Now get back to your photography and make some cash to pay for the completion so your wife doesn't kill you! Hurry up and complete the "stock" portion of your gallery..... might know someone interested.....

Eric

Are you going to relist? just curiousity as to your final decision...

Nope. I gave it a try to see if I could sell to the right bidder. The bids didn't even come close. Lisa and I are gonna bite the bullet and finish the truck. Need to find a way to get it to TLC in Van Nuys.
I tried a month ago and car carrier brokers took our money and no one came to pick it up. THen they wanted another 500. Forget that idea. Thats what got me so frustrated, adding to the hillbilly robbings. So I just had enough and wanted out.
So finishing seems to be the only answer. Hopefully there will be joy in Mudville.

i'd still give lance at ipor a shot first. he does great work. period.

if not, try kiwis karriers. a few mudders ahve used them and were happy with their service. including me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom