FJ45LV for sale Nicest on Planet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tucker thanks. I will contact them and see what they say.
I just retrieved my truck from some hillbillies in Atlanta who claimed to be able to complete it. It was there for nearly 3 years and they bolted on a few items but did nothing with the hard stuff.

It works believe me. I'm sure someone in a local LC chapter knows someone at the local Toyota dealer and I'm sure they can find someone looking for extra cash. My Toyota mechanic's assitant does stuff on my trucks part time on nights and weekends. Won't be fixed overnight but you'll save a ton of $$$.

You'd be surprised what you can get if you just ask for it!

I will drive my 40 down to the dealership and cruise round the work bays to see if I can get any interest. Thanks. Definitely worth a try.

you can buy a harness for a vortec from speedscene wiring or fuel injection specialties in san antonio .I've had two done and they are very easy to install when you get it back. only four wires to hook up to get it to run .

I sent them an inquiry. Thanks for that.
Did you find it simple to install. I am capable of installation if there are instructions.

EZ wiiring harness was the least expensive and highest rated when I searched the old threads here on MUD. I bought one but haven't put it in yet.

looked through your ebay add it was smart of you to keep the stock wheels and hub caps safe and put those other 'shop tires and wheels" on during the rebuild... and did you have to paint it to match the Hilton Head building code color pallet:)
seriously though it sounds like you are getting the right pointers and direction for getting it completed reasonably. you have set the bar high for yourself with the quality of work that has been done so far. but the stuff left, to me does not warrant shipping it across the country to finish. the interior you could get it all from spector offroad, www.sor.com , or find a local classic car shop for prolly a similar cost. nothing terribly complex on the interior. stick around here and do some searches you will actually learn much and might decide to do alot of the stuff left on your own. you have a garage and that is half the battle. get involved with your local TLCA chapter I have had guys in my chapter come down to my house to help with my cruiser stuff. they all tend to be way more gifted mechanics than me .
I work on my lv at nights after my kids go to bed in my garage. an hour or 2 a night like 3-4 nights a week listen to the red sox on the radio and tackle stuff as it comes. I had minor skilz when I started it but have learned how to weld use torches and use a paint gun to surprising effectiveness and quality.i try not to put a date on the completion of my lv and mine will get wheeled abit as well as being a DD so while it will get a decent paint job with good paint I am not after the musem quality resto.
before you sell I highly recommend reading Matt's lv resto thread
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=39575
this will take you a few days and might give you the motivation to finish. i know I learned so much from his build up that even if you do farm out the rest of the work you will have an educated idea of what needs to be done and how it should be done.
I don't mean to rant on but this is one of my great fears is running out of steam with the finish line in sight. and to say if an illustrator/graphic designer can do it you can to.
keep it!!!
Jason

the interior you could get it all from spector offroad, www.sor.com , or find a local classic car shop for prolly a similar cost. nothing terribly complex on the interior.

I got a quote from a local upholstery shop that would do the seats for $250 each including labor. Since the whole thing is custom, you can do up some nice seats for less than half the cost of $or.com

I got a quote from a local upholstery shop that would do the seats for $250 each including labor. Since the whole thing is custom, you can do up some nice seats for less than half the cost of $or.com

Was this new foam as well. SPrings redone or just use as is? I was quoted by a well know LC facility $8000 for interior. WE did not even discuss leather. Yikes!
Says that headliner is nasty to do. I have all rods.

ok as far as SOR goes I added up everything you would need for the whole interior and get $2104 for parts. there are some other parts you would need if you don't have already like door weather stripping so another $500 max. you can see the stuff at
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat109.tam?xax=26438&page.ctx=cat109.tam
I plan to use there stuff cause it is all made for the fj45 lv and it doesn't look half bad the seat covers I am still on the fence about might go local to a marine place if the coast is significantly cheaper. but agian you can do all of this yourself especial if you order the seat upolstry.
IHTH
Jason

Was this new foam as well. SPrings redone or just use as is? I was quoted by a well know LC facility $8000 for interior. WE did not even discuss leather. Yikes!
Says that headliner is nasty to do. I have all rods.

They were going to take off the original vinyl/ cloth covers, cut marine grade vinyl, sew the same pattern, new foam, spraypaint the seat frame, and put it all back together. Didn't discuss door panels or headliner. The place is Mark's Auto Upholstery in Foxboro, MA. Great shop. They mostly do custom hot rod interiors. It's in the guy's basement so I don't think his overhead is too much so his prices are low. Nice work though

Don't sell it as is. You'll hate yourself the second it is gone and you'll never forgive yourself for the $$$$$ loss. Finish it up on the cheap and enjoy it!

As everyone else already said do not sell it now. We have a bunch of local cruiserheads in both NC and SC. I am sure that we could find someone local for you to get the stuff done. All of the hard stuff is done from what i see.

As everyone else already said do not sell it now. We have a bunch of local cruiserheads in both NC and SC. I am sure that we could find someone local for you to get the stuff done. All of the hard stuff is done from what i see.

Sure would be nice to know some local guys. I don't think there are any in Hilton Head or Bluffton area. If there are, and they know how to install a Saginaw, or wiring harness would be great. I am sure INterior would not be so difficult. I can do alot, but not the heavy mechanical stuff. Sure would like to drive it.

As some of you have said, I would kick my self for years to come.

I motion that you pull it from eBay and go on Al Sharpton's radio program to apologize for even mentioning that you want to sell that beast.

I have looked at this thing 10 times at least over the day... I just think you dont want to sell... (at least until I have the $ to buy :D ) It is different if you need the $$$ but if you can drop 85K on this project this far I am assuming you are not doing this to make money.... what I think you need to do is just put this in your garage and shut the door... give it a break... all projects meet this point............leave it there until you have the time.. if that is 10 years so be it!!!! you will always kick yourself if you sell it.... you have come this far no use turning back now... I assume this is one of your dreams because of the extent of time and $$ you have put in this.... dont give up now!!!

It is beautiful that if for sure!!!! hold on to it!!! :cheers:

Okay,Now I totally can't sleep. Laid awake most of the night staring at the ceiling. TO DO?

Some guy wanted to trade his motorcylce for it. Hmmm ... let me think a minute.

Last edited:
I hope that motorcycle was strapped to the back of a mint condition 45 pickup.

easy to install

very easy to install and looks like factory .I don't know about the ez harness but the ecm will have to be re-flashed anyway .I like the speed scene guys they are quite helpful and are willing to answer any questions you may have .
I sent them an inquiry. Thanks for that.
Did you find it simple to install. I am capable of installation if there are instructions.

very easy to install and looks like factory .I don't know about the ez harness but the ecm will have to be re-flashed anyway .I like the speed scene guys they are quite helpful and are willing to answer any questions you may have .

Somebody told me that I need an original Chev harness for that engine (which is new) to get all the plugs(ends) for the new harness. I have an old harness from the previous cowboy who claimed to be able to do it. He gave up. Then the Atlanta Hillbillies gave up.
So how would I know if this harness matches the engine. How would one find out what year this engine is? Purchased by cowboy number one in my behalf 4.5 years ago.

Ez Harnesses are universal. There is a 21 wire harness that people use for hot rods. Most hot rods run chevy 350's and they aren't necessarily Chevy's. Basically your toyota falls in the same line.

Each wire is color coded and has the use of it written down the length of the wire. Example:The headlight wire says headlight on it, brake light has brake lights written on it. This way you always know you're hooking the right wire up.

Search wiring harness on this site. I checked it out and there are plenty of people who have used the EZ and liked it. They run about $200. PM someone who has installed it to get the real deal. Everyone says it's simple but time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom