FJ45LV for sale Nicest on Planet (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not selling my wagon.Thanks to some great leads and Meeting Gary Kardum (MUDRAK) things are progressing and I feel positve about the build.

Last edited:
Looked but didn't see it.

Last edited:
Man that a beautiful LV for sure, you need to finish her ... you're gonna take a beating on what you've got invested selling it partially finished. With the drection you've gone with the resto, you're looking for a turn-key buyer. Realize things don't always work out like we plan, but you're so close.

Good luck!
Tucker

Do you own a blue one also? There was a blue one in Bluffton listed on ebay last week. Where on HHI is it?

I saw the blue one last year. Beater! I don't think the guy knows what he owns. My two sons and I were driving and spotted him getting out, so we pulled over to meet him. Told him I had one as well and we should get together. I think he thought I was gay or something because he showed no interest at all. Didn't even know anything about it.

I know where its parked.
Mine. I wanted to send to TLC and have Jonathan complete it. But all the car movers don't want to take a non driving vehicle. THey are wanting 2 grand to haul it. SO returng it here is another 2 grand. Thats additional 4 on top of completion price. ITs just getting rediculous. Had enough!

Unless anyone closer knows how to do the wiring harness and get the New Vortec running. Needs power steering put in and colum. Interior I am sure I could have done local with new seat foam. But getting it driving and working out the bugs is beyond me. I would love to finish the truck but if its gonna be another 20G plus the shipping that puts the final investment over 110grand. My wife would ban me for life. haha! She loves me anyway.

I saw the blue one last year. Beater! I don't think the guy knows what he owns. My two sons and I were driving and spotted him getting out, so we pulled over to meet him. Told him I had one as well and we should get together. I think he thought I was gay or something because he showed no interest at all. Didn't even know anything about it.

Ha, I've never seen the blue or yours on the road. But, I'm only down in the Bluffton area a few times a week. Good luck on the sale. :beer:

You should complete it.

There must be some local toyota mechanics looking for $$$ on the weekends. Should cost you a fraction of the price and you won't need to ship it anywhere. You're going to get pummeled in the wallet with it incomplete. Another $5K investment might yield you $20K back. Don't be too jumpy to get rid of it. The wife will never let you live down the amount of money you lost anyway.

A local chevy mechanic should be able to fix the bugs and work the engine. Any ASE mechanic should be able to finish that up. Offer them 50% of the hourly dealer repair rate. You save half and they are getting paid way more than normal.

That is a great truck.

I've seen a local 40 that was restored at Chatham Parkway Toyota. CPT did a nice job, but I'm not sure about their vortec wiring skills.

Talk to Dave Dearborn @ Urban Land Cruisers in Atlanta, GA or Lance @ Iron Pig Offroad in Fredericksburg, VA - both of them could easily finish your rig from where it is and workout the bugs. Don't know which is closer to you, both do top quality work and will save you on shipping and the finish work itself. You've done the hard part sourcing the rare LV parts, any cruiser shop can finish a V8 & PS conversion.

Good luck!

Tucker

It would be nice to drive it. I wish I personally had the talent to work on it. But my talents creative, not automotive mechanics.

If it doesn't sell I will have no choice but to continue the saga. I guess I could try the Toyota mechanic route. What... just walk in and say "anyone need a job on the side?"

the GM at Chatham Parkway Toyota is a cruiser head. I can pm you his email, he's the one with the restored 40.

It would be nice to drive it. I wish I personally had the talent to work on it. But my talents creative, not automotive mechanics.

If it doesn't sell I will have no choice but to continue the saga. I guess I could try the Toyota mechanic route. What... just walk in and say "anyone need a job on the side?"

It works believe me. I'm sure someone in a local LC chapter knows someone at the local Toyota dealer and I'm sure they can find someone looking for extra cash. My Toyota mechanic's assitant does stuff on my trucks part time on nights and weekends. Won't be fixed overnight but you'll save a ton of $$$.

You'd be surprised what you can get if you just ask for it!

buy a harness

you can buy a harness for a vortec from speedscene wiring or fuel injection specialties in san antonio .I've had two done and they are very easy to install when you get it back. only four wires to hook up to get it to run .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom