fj45 rear bumper ideas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been playing around with a license plate pocket and step. Maybe ditch the receiver and just do an old school hole? or just weld it to the bottom or recessed flush behind the plate. :worms:

1642792805470.png

Don't want the license plate lights at least? I guess without the reverse lights there would be no way to mount them. Sad it is such a small market for a cool clean bumper.

start at post 334 for pics of it installed. Honestly the 45 is in winter storage and i will be back to visit it after the first good spring rain.
I would see if Nolen's new project has 2 tow hooks on the back of the frame and if so potentially utilize those 2 bolt holes as mounting points. Not sure if it is stock to have the 2 tow hooks mounted under the older 45 frame or not.

Of course this might not be an issue when you drive out west or even off-road….but here in the Garden State, drivers will crawl up your ass while your on the road. On every vehicle we have ever owned, we keep the trailer hitch in the receiver as the first line of defense before they hit the bumper. The bigger the hitch the better. On my FJ45 bumper that I need to order… I need the receiver. 🛻🛻

@knuckle47 - A good trailer hitch/ball can be inflict some serious damage with the modern day tin can cars. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to deter agressive and distracted driving these days.

I always wonder what is so important when I see someone whose driving falls into the “stupid” category.

Be safe with your 45.

@knuckle47 - A good trailer hitch/ball can be inflict some serious damage with the modern day tin can cars. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to deter agressive and distracted driving these days.

I always wonder what is so important when I see someone whose driving falls into the “stupid” category.

Be safe with your 45.
Haha… I have commuted almost 130 miles round trip to work for over 39 years… I started taking iPhone pictures of delays, construction, accidents and texters over the last 5 years thinking I should write a book or build a website for entertainment value. Enough of us already deal with stupid drivers so It really has no value.

on the other hand I appreciate the reminder for the 45…. I have wanted one for so long, advertised on the wanted section of IH8MUD< and Land Cruiser events…not many any more but …all either quite poor for my skills or way too much money for me…in the long run…they were probably worth it

drive safe was well. As we speak, my wife’s suburban was rear ended lightly a few days ago, that trailer ball prevented a bigger hit, no damage at all and the other car will need a new grill….phew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom