fj45 question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know very little….I’m trying to wrap my head around this. So you had a SWB FHT (fixed hard top) which was modified by a previous owner into a SWB RHT (removable hard top)?

Do you have any pics from the back of the bed? So we can see the outside of the back of the cab.

I wonder why this was done? Someone just wanted a RHT or there was rust issues or some other damage done?

Interesting….

Zero rot just surface rust on the top that I have sanded and fixed.

What you seek is not really produced just yet. There's a thread here in the 45 section on repro's for now I would just put in solid glass until the repros are avail

There’s a lot of non-‘64 stuff on that tub.

From what I have found the non 64 stuff is doors and front window. It also has a 350 engine swap.

Looks like a fun 45. It might just be the angle but that bed looks a lot shorter to me.

Looks like a fun 45. It might just be the angle but that bed looks a lot shorter to me.
I saw pictures of this one in California I think. I’m pretty sure the bed has been shortened. I think the cab was mustard on the inside

Yes that is correct, here is a pick of the back.

View attachment 2955375
Thanks for the pics! Interesting.

Here’s the thread discussing the rear window gasket:

I need 2 as well as many are that you’ll see in the thread.

I saw pictures of this one in California I think. I’m pretty sure the bed has been shortened. I think the cab was mustard on the inside
@FJ40 MATT

You are correct it was on FB and was reposted here:

Post #23
@Casey E had posted this:

Top left pic. He said that the early Sno-cats used this for their sliding rear windows and the rubber is still available.
4F29B578-5402-4217-A05C-01F47254034B.jpeg

‘63 SWB FHT bed is 62.25” wide and 69.5” long. I don’t know the length of the one @Yodawill has?

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! Interesting.

Here’s the thread discussing the rear window gasket:

I need 2 as well as many are that you’ll see in the thread.

@FJ40 MATT

You are correct it was on FB and was reposted here:

Post #23
@Casey E had posted this:

Top left pic. He said that the early Sno-cats used this for their sliding rear windows and the rubber is still available.
View attachment 2957642

‘63 SWB FHT bed is 62.25” wide and 69.5” long. I don’t know the length of the one @Yodawill has?
Thanks for the info guys yes that is the one I picked up, the bed is bobbed. It spent the last 25 years on a cattle ranch. These 45s are so cool but now the wife says why did I get it lol she wanted me to get a 40 so we can put the kids it the back. She just does not understand:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom