FJ40's in original condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looked at a '76 on Ebay right now that is in original condition best I can tell. Has some door bottom rust and such. Is it common to find 76-78 cruisers in this condition? In other words, with all the "pieces". I'm not quite ready to buy, probably six months away. Want to do an acid dip frame off, but don't want to replace major body pieces if possible. Did one in the mid 90's. I got the feva'

Nothing special there. Not a lot of rust...but man that engine is FILTHY! LOL
Radio cut into bottom dash pad.
By the looks of the brake master it will need some love.
Looks like some body work (probably shoddy) done on rockers and rear corners.
Rear fenders cut. No pics of front floors or under rear mat.
Probably worth about 4-5 here in NW. But I would not pay it. Keep looking for a rust free and unchopped cruiser.
5-7 should get you a lot more.

Yeah, the engine needs some attention! Did alot of rust repair on my '78 which looked much worse than this. I was just trying to get an idea of how common Cruisers like this are. I'd prefer something a little nicer as far as body condition goes. I spoke to the guy listing this one and he's hoping to get $6500 for it. Not too bad.

I spoke to the guy listing this one and he's hoping to get $6500 for it. Not too bad.

Especially with the half-assed rattle can black fogging the frame got....
jack.gif

anotherjunktruck.jpg
anotherjunktruck01.jpg

Nice engine paint job as well....where did the black paint go? :lol:

:wrench:
wheredidthepaintgo01.jpg
wheredidthepaintgo02.jpg

At least it's a manly color! :grinpimp:

Avoid it, he's hiding the problems. Look at the bottom of the passenger door- rust! Typical mid- 70's FJ40, lotsa rust. Ned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom