FJ40 Venezuelan Dana 60 rear axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOR's VIN chart shows 372173 the highest number for 11/84. The 9XXXXX are kits not whole vehicles. I know others on mud have a lot more information than I do. Just remember the 9XXXXX were considered kits.

I am pretty possitive this one is not a kit. Serial number pulled up as fully manufactured by Toyota Venezuela when I bought it. The place I bought it from was able to get that info somehow.

I believe in this context "kit" (or whatever the proper term is... something knock down??) refers to an incomplete set of cruiser parts sent offshore from Toyota in Japan, that is filled out and assembled in the final market.

Most of the South American 40’s and several 60’s I’ve encountered (many, especially being in Florida where they all come in from Miami to be dispersed) have had these rear axles. In fact I’ve got a Colombian 79 in the shop now, with front drum brakes and Dana rear.

It’s here to get a FJ60 rear axle swap and discs up front so I’ll have one of these axles available if anyone wants it :lol:

I believe in this context "kit" (or whatever the proper term is... something knock down??) refers to an incomplete set of cruiser parts sent offshore from Toyota in Japan, that is filled out and assembled in the final market.

Correct. CKD= Complete Knock-Down kit.

Parts in a box. Put together at destination manufacturing plant. In this case, VZA.

All of the glass is labeled with made in Venezuela. Here is also a shot of the engine bay tag.

View attachment 2599157

View attachment 2599158
That's not the progoma; g;as and tag
All of the glass is labeled with made in Venezuela. Here is also a shot of the engine bay tag.

View attachment 2599157

The Tag on the my FJ40 1984 imported here from Venezuela in 1984 is normal with Toyota markings, this one above looks like a custom made tag

Same FJ40 Venezuelan 1984 has the window marking different but still TEQ

FJ40 Ven 1984.jpg

Did these countries only get kits, or did they get kits along with full vehicle imports ?

Colombia and VZA only received kits for general sale.

People with $$$$ could of course order a Japanese manufactured version.

Just like today: you can order a Japan RAV4, Corolla, Camry, models vs the US manufactured versions if you wanted to wait and pay more.

Just like today: you can order a Japan RAV4, Corolla, Camry, models vs the US manufactured versions if you wanted to wait and pay more.

Thanks for the info. One question, if you can order Japanese models today, are they right hand drive only ?

Thanks for the info. One question, if you can order Japanese models today, are they right hand drive only ?

What I meant is that you can get the vehicles destined for this market that are manufactured in Japan. It would be a LHD vehicle.

Make sense?

In Colombia they never arrived as kits, they arrived complete but without hard top and roll bar and heather

In Colombia they never arrived as kits, they arrived complete but without hard top and roll bar and heather

My bad and you are correct. SOFASA did CKD production of the LC Prado in the 1990’s.

SOFASA never manufactured the 40 series. Colombian 40’s primarily came from VZA CKD manufacturing.

My bad and you are correct. SOFASA did CKD production of the LC Prado in the 1990’s.

SOFASA never manufactured the 40 series. Colombian 40’s primarily came from VZA CKD manufacturing.

"Colombian 40’s primarily came from VZA CKD manufacturing"

I have seen full Japanes delivered 40 (only 40's) with original hardtops and roll bar s (not sure about heathers) in Colombia and the General Market 40/43 and 45 but never a VZA manufactured one.

Most of the South American 40’s and several 60’s I’ve encountered (many, especially being in Florida where they all come in from Miami to be dispersed) have had these rear axles. In fact I’ve got a Colombian 79 in the shop now, with front drum brakes and Dana rear.

It’s here to get a FJ60 rear axle swap and discs up front so I’ll have one of these axles available if anyone wants it :lol:
Interested. Do these fit Toyota 6 lug wheels? What do they sell for?

As export from Venezuela directly is close impossible now everything comes through Colombia that's why now you see these Dana 60 come from Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom