FJ40 Tube fenders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at getting or building tube fenders for my cruiser. I've seen the metal tech ones and they look awesome, but I don't want to cut the body to use them. I want them stock location and shape, but just tougher.

Is there a set out there that I'm missing that you don't have to remove any body for? Or can the metal tech ones be modified to not need to cut the body?

If you feel motivated to build your own, this is the tube framing we did inside a basically stock shape front fender. In this case, we widened the fender, but the concept would work just fine with a stock shape. We also had to relocate the frame tie back a bit to clear the coilover, but you could mount in the stock location just as well.

After final welding, the fender was installed and the fender welded to the tube frame at a few locations (similar to stock)

Don
P1010024.JPG
P1010030.JPG

you build the fenders to suit your truck and toy can make them any height you want. here is the first fender i built.
ForumRunner_20120820_162324.jpg

After talking to a friend today, I think we are going to build them. He's really excited about building them instead of me buying them. Thanks for the pictures, that is pretty much exactly what I want. The stock "look" but with added toughness for hitting things with them. Mine are getting a little ugly these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom